Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrgreen4242

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 10, 2004
Not a specifically Apple topic, but I'm looking ideas as to how best organize my DVD collection. It's up to the 130-150 disc range at this point, and it's becoming an issue. There are no DVD cases for most of them, as a lot of them are backups (yes, real backups, not pirated discs!), burns of stuff ripped from my TiVo, etc.

We first tried these 50 disc boxes that had this little index card on the outside and a selector switch sort of deal that let you pick a movie and it would pop up when you opened the case. Kinda hard to describe, but either way, I wasn't a big fan.

My ideal is to eventually build some sort of home theatre PC (or HTMac mini, if the right set of software and hardware come together) that just rips DVDs to an internal HD, plays them back, or "one button" burns it to DVD. The money isn't available for that right now, so it's gotta be something else.

Right now my best (affordable) idea is one of those really big disc binders, like this, but I'm hoping there might be some better suggestions.

Thanks for any ideas,
Rob

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.