Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Collin789

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 29, 2011
Raleigh, NC
I have a jailbroken iPhone 4 and do many things an un-jailbroken iPhone couldn't do.
But, a few weeks ago I got an iPad 2 and was wondering once it's jailbroken, (and whenever the jailbreak comes out) what can you do different. Obviously most of the things you can with the iPhone, but is there anything different or special for the iPad?

Coleman2010

macrumors 68000
Oct 9, 2010
NYC
Lots of stuff man. I went from an jail broken iPad 1 to an iPad 2 and I feel so constrained. I've fallen back to using my iPhone more because of it.

BergerFan

macrumors 68020
Mar 6, 2008
Mos Eisley
There's a lot of secondary things I want to jailbreak my iPad 2 for(emulators, Safari download manager, Browser Changer iFile, et), but the primary reason is to enable those multitasking gestures(I'm on Windows 7).

gigaguy

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2010
USA
Yes, I've fallen back to my Touch4g, the retina screen and jb make it what the iPad2 could be.

mutantblack

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2008
There's a lot of secondary things I want to jailbreak my iPad 2 for(emulators, Safari download manager, Browser Changer iFile, et), but the primary reason is to enable those multitasking gestures(I'm on Windows 7).

multitask gestures can be achieved without jailbreaking. All you have to do is buy the xcode on appstore for $5 and install it. Then open the app while attaching the ipad, developer and it will ask you username and password. Just click cancel. Now look under the setting of your ipad, you will gesture on or off. There you go.
Since you don't have mac, you can use one of your friends or co workers mac. It only has to enable once.

kvizzel

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2011

http://www.icopybot.com/blog/enable-multitouch-gestures-on-ipad-without-jailbreaking.htm

works fine, just can't disable it in the settings menu which gets a little annoying lol.

cause when your trying to play fruit ninja or something and get carried away.

hackthatphone

macrumors 68000
Jul 28, 2010
Emulators are almost a moot point considering what atari and sega have released lately. Glad to see them getting onboard finally.

Hackint0sh814

macrumors member
Feb 28, 2011
Upstate NY
I have to agree that I feel so constrained with no JB for the iPad 2. I'm almost regretting selling my first gen before the the JB was released for the iPad 2.

jvmxtra

macrumors 65816
Sep 21, 2010
Just apps. You get whatever you want that's available for ipad 2.
I personally think once you have ipad JB, you will never use iphone as much(espcially at home).

Nothing earth shattering in terms of apps but definitely ipad 2 is more enjoyable to use for long period of time. You will love it!!!!

M-5

macrumors 65816
Jan 4, 2008
multitask gestures can be achieved without jailbreaking. All you have to do is buy the xcode on appstore for $5 and install it. Then open the app while attaching the ipad, developer and it will ask you username and password. Just click cancel. Now look under the setting of your ipad, you will gesture on or off. There you go.
Since you don't have mac, you can use one of your friends or co workers mac. It only has to enable once.

You don't even have to purchase it. As long as you install Xcode 3 which is free on the Apple website, it works just as well.

RossMc

macrumors 65816
Apr 30, 2010
Newcastle, UK

Only on OSX the poster has Windows 7.

PenguinApple

macrumors newbie
Apr 8, 2011
The iPad 2 is my first iDevice. As I can send / receive files bypassing iTunes but with wifi using Goodreader and iStorage there are a few minor things I am missing without JB.
As soon the JB comes available, I'll try:

- sshd, so use the iPad as an ssh server
- BT stack so I can use a BT GPS
- using the $1 Cydia 4 row keyboard as I think the separate shift key for numbers is very annoying.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.