Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Video

Old Apr 23, 2011, 09:03 PM   #1
lia77
macrumors member

Burning DVD from iMovie/FCP?

Hi!

I have a stop-motion project that I am about to finish in imovie. I would like to burn a dvd and wonder if somebody could please give me some advice on how to get a DVD copy with as good quality as possible?

I recently installed Roxio Toast and did a try the other day to burn a dvd. Resolution wise it looks OK, but I think the colors arenīt at all as good as when I watch my imovie project on the computer. Also the contrast isnīt as strong. Is there any way of improving the quality when it comes to color/contrast?

As for now, I just imported the imovie project through the media browser into Toast and from there I just chose "automatic" and "best" setting when burning the dvd

Is there any other way to do this so the quality of the dvd would be better? Would I get better image if I letīs say would go via a professional software such as FCP, and burn a dvd through dvd studio pro? Would it be worth investing in that? I have spent a lot of time on this project and really prioritize getting a good dvd copy so I can send it to film festivals...
Itīs mostly a hand made clay animation project, so I am not very good when it comes to the technical part of all this..

Thank you in advance and happy easter!

Lia
lia77 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2013, 05:55 PM   #2
AccieFan
macrumors newbie

Burning DVD's

Hi Lia

Did you manage to find a decent programme that allows you to Burn DVDs from IMovie projects? I read that Toast doesnt work too well on Lion and I am looking for something that works and is easy to use - any ideas?

Thanks

AccieFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lia77 View Post
Hi!

I have a stop-motion project that I am about to finish in imovie. I would like to burn a dvd and wonder if somebody could please give me some advice on how to get a DVD copy with as good quality as possible?

I recently installed Roxio Toast and did a try the other day to burn a dvd. Resolution wise it looks OK, but I think the colors arenīt at all as good as when I watch my imovie project on the computer. Also the contrast isnīt as strong. Is there any way of improving the quality when it comes to color/contrast?

As for now, I just imported the imovie project through the media browser into Toast and from there I just chose "automatic" and "best" setting when burning the dvd

Is there any other way to do this so the quality of the dvd would be better? Would I get better image if I letīs say would go via a professional software such as FCP, and burn a dvd through dvd studio pro? Would it be worth investing in that? I have spent a lot of time on this project and really prioritize getting a good dvd copy so I can send it to film festivals...
Itīs mostly a hand made clay animation project, so I am not very good when it comes to the technical part of all this..

Thank you in advance and happy easter!

Lia
AccieFan is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Video

Tags
burn dvd, fcp, imovie, roxio toast