Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

drmcknight

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 26, 2011
I'm very new to iPhone app development and I've run into a problem straight out of the gate!

I am loading the mapkit framework by going to Build Phases > Link Binary with Libraries > + > mapkit.framework. Once I do that I am still unable to #import <mapkit/mapkit.h> in my header file.

Note: When I add the framework the way mentioned above, it adds the framework to my root folder, not my frameworks folder.

also, most online resources tell me to right-click the frameworks folder and click "add existing framwork..." but that option does not show up for me.

Any help would be hugely appreciated!

Thanks

dejo

Moderator emeritus
Sep 2, 2004
The Centennial State
I am loading the mapkit framework by going to Build Phases > Link Binary with Libraries > + > mapkit.framework. Once I do that I am still unable to #import <mapkit/mapkit.h> in my header file.
Objective-C is case-sensitive. You want to:
Code:
#import <MapKit/MapKit.h>

Note: When I add the framework the way mentioned above, it adds the framework to my root folder, not my frameworks folder.
You can simply drag it into your Frameworks. They're not really folders anyways, they're groups.

also, most online resources tell me to right-click the frameworks folder and click "add existing framwork..." but that option does not show up for me.
Most online resources are based on Xcode 3. Sounds like you are using Xcode 4. Since most educational resources have not been updated for Xcode 4, I suggest you install Xcode 3 and learn using that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.