Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Apr 27, 2011, 03:58 AM   #1
dralfonzo
macrumors newbie

Gmail 2-step verification on iPhone

Have tried searching google & this forum to no avail!

Question: I'm setting up 2 step verification on my gmail account, it works fine on my macbook.
The problem is when I try to access gmail on my iphone. I do not use the mail client, instead I just access the gmail 'mobile site' through safari on the iphone. When I do this, it asks for the verification code after uname & pword, but I can't get this from the Google Authenticater app as I have safari open??

I've tried using one of the 'application specific' pwords that google gives you, but it doesn't work, don't know what else to do. Any way around this?

I need this enabled as my gmail has been hacked twice now. Any advice, much appreciated. Thanks guys.
Old Apr 27, 2011, 04:08 AM   #2
SomeDudeAsking
macrumors 65816

Just use the application specific password with the iPhone`s native mail app.
SomeDudeAsking is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2011, 04:17 AM   #3
shex
macrumors newbie

The verification code is valid for 30 seconds or so. Just load up the page in Safari, switch to the Authenticator to get the number, then switch back and enter it in.
shex is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2011, 07:35 AM   #4
b0blndsy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shex View Post
The verification code is valid for 30 seconds or so. Just load up the page in Safari, switch to the Authenticator to get the number, then switch back and enter it in.
Here is the link https://www.google.com/accounts/IssuedAuthSubTokens
b0blndsy is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Tags
2 step verification, gmail, google authenticator, iphone