Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Richard599

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 28, 2011
I have a new iPad 2 and am really enjoying the iPad experience. However, I am having a problem importing “JPG” pictures from the SD Card reader purchased with the “Camera Connection Kit”. The pictures work OK on the SD Card interfaced to my PC. I am following the instructions exactly as explained (Lock the iPad, insert the SD Card Reader, insert the SD Card in the Card Reader, Unlock the iPad). Nothing happens on the iPad (it just opens to the home screen). I have saved some photos from e-mails and with the Sony Cybershot interfaced directly to the USB Adapter that comes with the “Camera Connection Kit”. Further, I can view those photos. However I cannot successfully import photos via the SD Card Reader. I visited an Apple Retail Store and had them check it out. My SD Card reader purchased with the “Camera Connection Kit” worked with their SD Flash card, but not with my two. I had them format my SD card and import one of their photos to it so I could try that particular SD Card in my SD card reader. No luck with my iPad 2. They suggested I purchase a new SD Flash Card. I did. I purchased 2 Sony SD Cards and have the same results (do not work). Question, has any one else experienced this? Does any one have any suggestions? Is there a particular MFG SD Flash card that needs to be used? Or, perhaps, the SD Flash card need to be formatted a special way?
By the way, I have two calls into the Apple Support Line and have been waiting for a call back for 10 days. Thanks, Richard

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
The images on the SD card you want to import - are they just files sitting in the root directory of the card or are they in a properly camera-formatted DCIM folder structure.

If the images are not in a DCIM folder structure, they won't be imported.

moomog

macrumors member
Oct 21, 2009
As the above poster has said the camera connection kit it designed to transfer the pictures from a camera and not from a PC.

Take some photos then inset the card into the adaptor and it will be fine.

Richard599

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 28, 2011
You are Correct

Thank you. You both are correct. The SD Card needs to have a Folder named DCIM and in my case a second folder inside named “101MSDCF” (which contain the photos). This is just the way it is inside the camera flash card on the Sony Camera. Then the photos do import correctly. Thank you for your assistance.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.