Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Wasteland

Closed Thread

Old Apr 28, 2011, 08:08 PM   #1
m0nkeyb0y
macrumors newbie

iMac resale value?

I live in NYC, and am going to Europe for several months, not gonna haul along the 27 iMac. In face, I need a MBAir. So I'm considering selling the iMac, getting an Air in June, and then a new model imac when I get back in August/September.

I've got the i5 quadcore, 1Tb, 4Gb RAM, added 4 more for 8Gb total, throwing in the white remote from my old Macbook. What can I get for that, do youthink?

Should I add the 3-yr Applecare (which I can get on education @$119 instead of $169) and then sell it? Or not worry about that.
m0nkeyb0y is offline   0
Old Apr 28, 2011, 08:09 PM   #2
simsaladimbamba

Add the Apple Care.

www.mac2sell.net or eBay (Việt Nam, Türkiye, Česká republika, Hanguk) might be good price checkers.

Quote:
Selling outside the Marketplace

All threads offering items for sale or trade, asking to buy items, or asking for pricing advice on items to be sold must be posted in the Marketplace forum, which is accessible only to qualified members and subject to additional rules; see the Marketplace Rules for details. Members not eligible for the Marketplace forum may not start threads elsewhere for such purposes.
from http://guides.macrumors.com/Help:For...ings_Not_to_Do

Quote:
Eligibility.

To use the Marketplace forum (read threads, start threads, or post replies), you must be a forum member with user title 6502 or above, which means that you have 250 or more posts as displayed in your User Profile. This gives other members a chance to become familiar with you. To see your User Profile, click Quick Links -> My Profile at the top of a forum page. You must also have been a member for at least 180 days.
from http://guides.macrumors.com/Help:Mar...#General_Rules
simsaladimbamba is offline   0
Old Apr 28, 2011, 08:39 PM   #3
rsted222
macrumors member

You can get a lot.

Macs resale VERY well. I just sold my 2006 iMac Intel 17" for $455 on eBay. That should make you feel good.
rsted222 is offline   0
Old Apr 28, 2011, 08:47 PM   #4
applegenius83
macrumors newbie

As long as it's the most recent model, it should sell very well.

I had a Mac Mini, base config, paid $699 for the computer, plus Win 7 and Parallels, costing a total of about $900. Sold it for $650 with software, $250 less. If you did that it would be around $1950, only 50 less than you bought it for because of the RAM upgrade (great way to up the price without upping your expenses).
Make sure you have original packaging, this will really help you sell it.
Who knows, maybe you'll knock it off to some nerd on e-bay.
Quick though! The new iMac is coming out SOON, like maybe tomorrow soon!!!
applegenius83 is offline   0
Old Apr 28, 2011, 09:04 PM   #5
philipma1957
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0nkeyb0y View Post
I live in NYC, and am going to Europe for several months, not gonna haul along the 27 iMac. In face, I need a MBAir. So I'm considering selling the iMac, getting an Air in June, and then a new model imac when I get back in August/September.

I've got the i5 quadcore, 1Tb, 4Gb RAM, added 4 more for 8Gb total, throwing in the white remote from my old Macbook. What can I get for that, do youthink?

Should I add the 3-yr Applecare (which I can get on education @$119 instead of $169) and then sell it? Or not worry about that.
ADD THE APPLE CARE!

The Caps are shouting out cause people want to feel safe.
Also tell them you have all the paperwork cause people want to feel safe.

(of course really have the paperwork)
philipma1957 is offline   0

Closed Thread
MacRumors Forums > Archive > Wasteland