Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

5hhhhh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 29, 2011
It just happened that I can't open some pdf files anymore (preview, acrobat, whatever....)

"file may be corrupt or can't recognize..." (preview)

"damaged and could not be repaired" (acrobat)

i guess that happens to files i want to "save to .pdf" after clicking "print"....

(the other way round, to save a file to safari, open that, print and save to pdf, works...)

hope you can help!!!!!

5hhhhh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 29, 2011
ps. it will only occur with firefox...

safari, obviously, manages to save the pdf files properly.....

why?!??!?

(firefox is updated...)

r0k

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2008
Detroit
Could you provide a little more detail of your situation? Which program(s) create corrupted PDF files? Is it only Firefox? Which version of OS X are you running? SL? 10.6.7? When was the most recent time you were able to create a PDF that was not corrupt? Yesterday? Weeks ago?

I just created a PDF from FF 4.0 on 10.6.7 and it worked just fine. I went to about firefox so I could figure out what version of FF I had and it downloaded and installed an update (4.0.1). I'll "print" again just to test...

You mention Acrobat. That really is not needed on OS X. I used it briefly when a certain prof was sending out indecipherable PDF files but I never allowed it to become any kind of default and I haven't run it in close to a year. BTW, printing to PDF worked for me again on 4.0.1. You should be able to use Preview and Quick View on any PDF you have created on your machine.

5hhhhh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 29, 2011
Mac OS X 10.5.8.

firefox 3.6.17

just happened, that i could save to pdf, or better "create pdf files" two days ago.. with just this configuration (no updates since...)

and since yesterday i cannot open the firefox-creeated pdfs anymore...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.