Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Apr 29, 2011, 06:57 AM   #1
kwknight
macrumors newbie

Unhappy iPhone dying with 50% battery

I've had my iPhone 3GS since October '09, so it's about a year and a half old at this point, and I'd never really had any issues with it until a month ago. It started turning off with 10% battery. Then 20%, 40%, and this morning it shut off with 74% battery left. It had been off the charger for maybe an hour, and I'd been using the camera to capture video. When I try to turn the phone back on after it so rudely shuts itself off, I get the silver apple, and it stays there. I think it eventually turns to black, but I've stopped trying to turn it back on since it doesn't do any good. Am I the only person who's had this issue?
kwknight is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2011, 07:02 AM   #2
NWI73
Banned

FWIW, try taking it to an apple store.
NWI73 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2011, 07:09 AM   #3
jthomp
macrumors regular

What firmware version are you on? Have you tried restoring? What charger are you using: wall charger or just USB? Are you using an official Apple charger or a chinese knockoff (yes, they are inferior- I had one that would crash the iPhone during a sync). If you have restored to the latest and greatest firmware, take it to the apple store and see what they say. Maybe it's time to "upgrade" to the iPhone 4?
jthomp is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting