Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RICARDOVASCO

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 1, 2011
Hi there. I got an Iphone 4 from AT&T but its lokced. I need to buy a turbo SIM to unlock it once Apple has cancelled the regular unlocking by mobile companies in Brazil. Let me know how to check the firmware version on it because I can only do emergency calls. I've tried the same trick from the old Iphone like *#3001...etc... but I doesn't work. Let me know if I can find out the firmware because I need to know which turbo SIM works with my Iphone.
Thank you all!

Ricardo

eastercat

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2008
PDX
If you order an AT&T sim off ebay, inactive or not, you should be able to get to the main screen.

Crystal-RX

macrumors 68030
Dec 22, 2008
Seattle, WA USA
I can only make emergency call. Is it possible to acess settings..etc.. plugging the Iphone on computer ( itunes) even its locked?

No. There are few options that you can do;

1. order an AT&T micro sim off ebay so you can insert into your phone, then hook it to itunes and it will bring your phone to home screen (As per eastercat indicated above). (Doesn't matter if it is active or inactive sim as long as it is AT&T, it is okay)
2. Hook it to itunes and hit restore, Itunes will restore your iphone to 4.3.2 firmware, you will then use redsn0w to jailbreak & hactivate it and it will bring your phone to home screen. By doing so, you know that your iphone has a 4.3.2 firmware on it.

RICARDOVASCO

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 1, 2011
No. There are few options that you can do;

1. order an AT&T micro sim off ebay so you can insert into your phone, then hook it to itunes and it will bring your phone to home screen (As per eastercat indicated above). (Doesn't matter if it is active or inactive sim as long as it is AT&T, it is okay)
2. Hook it to itunes and hit restore, Itunes will restore your iphone to 4.3.2 firmware, you will then use redsn0w to jailbreak & hactivate it and it will bring your phone to home screen. By doing so, you know that your iphone has a 4.3.2 firmware on it.

Thanks! Actualy its my GF's mobile. Im not sure but I think it came with an At&T sim. I will confirm. Do you guys recommend any turbo sim to unlock it?

Regards

Crystal-RX

macrumors 68030
Dec 22, 2008
Seattle, WA USA
Thanks! Actualy its my GF's mobile. Im not sure but I think it came with an At&T sim. I will confirm. Do you guys recommend any turbo sim to unlock it?

Regards

I bought my from Sunsky and it work fine. At the time, I paid about $20 bucks/pc. If you go on Ebay and put in "Gevey", it will show you tons of this turbo sim. You can get it for under $13/pc including shipping.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.