Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DaMike8

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 29, 2011
I saw a random person on the bus today, (him sitting down, me standing up) and I noticed he had an iPhone. This was not a normal iPhone because it had an abnormally big screen. So i decided to look at it a little more closely. The guy was playing Angry Birds at the time, so I decided to quickly (and quietly) snap a photo of it on my Blackberry. This was a iPhone prototype maybe to the 4S or iPhone 5. (I don't know at the moment) But from my observations, it had a 3.7 inch screen with "edge-to-edge" and a bigger front facing camera. It also said "XX-GB" at the back, when he turned it around to put it in his jacket.
20496917828362831231005.jpg

That was the photo taken by me, on blackberry 9870 on the 25 bus going to UBC (University of British Columbia) in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, 2 days ago.

compared to this image:
captureprl.jpg

DaMike8

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 29, 2011
iphone4black.jpg

You can clearly see the difference between this iPhone 4 and that one.

iApples

macrumors 65816
Mar 24, 2011
It's an iPhone 4. The case on the phone just makes the bezel look really thin.

AndrewR23

Contributor
Jun 24, 2010
The case is covering up the bezel. Look at the width on the stock picture and look how much the case is covering up. Exactly the same.

Last edited by a moderator:

WeegieMac

Jan 29, 2008
Glasgow, UK
The "bigger front facing camera" is due to the screen protector he's got on the iPhone 4. The hole that the camera looks through is larger in diameter.

And the reason the screen looks "edge to edge" is because of the case on the phone, which looks very similar to the rubber case I have on mine, which has edges which cover the front bezel on either side of the screen.

And there's no way, during the quick movement of a bloke putting his iPhone 4 in his pocket, you managed to notice XXGB through a case. Sorry, but even if the iPhone 4S, 5, or whatever it ends up being called does have a larger screen, this wasn't what you photographed in a borderline creepy, stalker like manner.

eawmp1

macrumors 601
Feb 19, 2008
FL
Riiiight!

1) randomly on a bus
2) surreptitiously able to see the back
3) OP is a newbie
4) no one with a prototype would be plains Angry Birds
5) everyone knows prototypes are tested in bars

Rumor troll fail!

vincenz

macrumors 601
Oct 20, 2008
And no one has mentioned how this was "spotted" in CANADA. Come on. Canada?

The Californian

macrumors 68040
Jan 17, 2009
Surfers Paradise
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

Give the guy some credit for trying at least. I know if I saw a prototype iPhone in the wild I would never take a picture of it - don't need the Apple gestapo knocking on my door.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.