Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X 10.7 Lion

Old Apr 30, 2011, 09:00 AM   #1
kevin2i
macrumors member

Getting Back Missing Finder Searches (today, etc)

When I first opened the Lion finder, I was disappointed to see the "Today, Yesterday, Last Week" searches missing. Sure, you can use "All My Files" and set "View Options" to arrange by date, but it doesn't work as well as "Today" (specifically because it doesn't look into my downloads folder).

In Lion, the searches in Leopard and SNL are there, just not visible.

If you open /System/Library/CoreServices/Finder.app >(show package contents)Contents/Resources/CannedSearches -- some of the previous searches from 10.6 are there. Just drag the "Today" icon into favorites. Goodbye 'All My Files'
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2011-04-30 at 9.48.24 AM.png
Views:	312
Size:	193.4 KB
ID:	283554  
kevin2i is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2011, 09:48 AM   #2
JohnPent
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin2i View Post
When I first opened the Lion finder, I was disappointed to see the "Today, Yesterday, Last Week" searches missing. Sure, you can use "All My Files" and set "View Options" to arrange by date, but it doesn't work as well as "Today" (specifically because it doesn't look into my downloads folder).
I cannot stand that it is missing. I create things and put them in different places on the hard drive. When I go to attach to an email or upload to a server, I loved being able to go to things I created or updated TODAY or YESTERDAY and know they would be there. Now I have to fish around and look.

Makes it not so good. I am looking for a work around.
JohnPent is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2011, 04:18 PM   #3
jrossjr
macrumors newbie

Still not working

For me this solution did not work. I'm finding folders and applications, even a couple movies and pictures, but a lot of my documents are not showing up. At first I thought it was because I was saving files in my Dropbox, but even if I save in Documents 'Today' can't find the items. AND, to make matters worse, when I tried to 'Show Search Criteria' I was unable to save and now the Today has no function at all

Help anyone?
jrossjr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2011, 06:30 PM   #4
kgjerstad
macrumors newbie

The solution can be found here:
https://discussions.apple.com/message/15731876#15731876

Simply save a search in All my Files with a filter for all the items modified in the last 24h. The save dialog will have a checkbox to include this in the Finder Panel.
kgjerstad is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X 10.7 Lion