Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X

Old Apr 30, 2011, 09:55 PM   #1
neuroshock
macrumors newbie

Itunes not importing mp3 files, laundadd and launchd

I have some ".mp3" files that wont get imported into itunes and there are no error messages when I import them. I tried both using the import option and double clicking on the files.. nothing happens. When I "$file song.mp3" bash says it's "data"

What I'm wondering is could i have executed a process or processes(potentially malicious) when I double clicked on those files , 'cause apparently they're not mp3 files.

When I run "$top" there is nothing suspicious EXCEPT, i've not seen the process "launchdadd" before, what does this process do? Also I have two instances of "launchd" running, one under root and one under my system username, why is that?
neuroshock is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X