Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bobby Corwen

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 16, 2010
When I saw it I instantly felt, oh, this is it?

I thought it was a bit different kind of white. Its the opposite of the lets say magic mouse white, its more "painty" like as if it was a 3rd party paint job somehow. that and the details around the antenna dont feel as refined. (at least on the display model i saw since i hear there are some inconsistencies).

I did not notice it too be thicker but it did feel like it was different symmetry somehow.

I am trying to decide and here is my real issue:

do I want it to match my mouse, keyboard, duet, white projector? or do I want it to match the MBP. I like the idea of all my accesories being white (phone, mouse, keyboard) and then I saw it and i thought... well maybe i could live with the black iphone.

I got my iphone warranty swapped so now i am holding a super brand new and shiny 32GB black and I have a craigslist ad going for 600$ and if someone bites I will do it. but if not, i dont know how much money and hassle i want to waste. Black is cool too.

I do meet a lot of people and they always notice my phone and so i am one of those guys so that is semi important to me. The black is already awesome but im afraid the white isnt awesome-er enough.

Do you guys think the white is that cool?

Plus theres the whole metro war right now. I would rather impress girls than guys but still...

I need help deciding.

eawmp1

macrumors 601
Feb 19, 2008
FL

I need help deciding.

Who the h*** cares what a bunch of people on an online forum think?!? Grow a pair and decide what YOU like.

Bobby Corwen

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 16, 2010
I cant decide if the white is worth it enough for the hassle of going through the motions of trading it all out (selling/buying)

Honestly I feel like the iPhone in general is not as interesting to anyone now that people have it.

Its more like for my own eye candy.

i guess I am just looking for backup on the thoughts I already have.

I am at a point where I am re-organizing a lot of organizational systems in my life and I want to get started down a path that is self-satisfyingly-neat so this has greater psychological implications and making this decision fully and not indecisively can go a long way in my mental comfort.

Bobby Corwen

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 16, 2010
Human beings don't enjoy making choices. Its a turnoff. You end up enjoying things more if they were out of your control and weren't given a choice.

Thats why girls like guys who are decisive, because they do all the hard unpleasant work of having to face the responsibility of a decision.

Its all very well scientifically documented...

vincenz

macrumors 601
Oct 20, 2008
Sounds like you want the black one, to be perfectly honest.

Dont "force" yourself to like the white, especially if those were your initial impressions.

Orme

macrumors member
May 1, 2011
UK
do I want it to match my mouse, keyboard, duet, white projector? or do I want it to match the MBP. I like the idea of all my accesories being white (phone, mouse, keyboard) and then I saw it and i thought... well maybe i could live with the black iphone.

I need help deciding.

I think you should get the black.. it's nicer and more masculine in my opinion (I'm a girl btw, if that helps you with your decision, lol..)

You said about matching your mouse and keyboard.. or your macbook pro. Well, which do you carry around with you? Your white mouse and keyboard, or your black macbook pro? Hm... You obviously are going to want it to match your MBP! Get black

I can guarantee you theres nothing special about the White.. if the White were released before the Black, everyone would want the black just because people think what's current/newer is cooler.. :apple:

Black IMO ♥
:)

To those being mean to this guy.. theres nothing wrong with a second opinion.. I am always asking for second opinions on things when I'm not sure.. from clothes, shoes, dresses to computers, but imo if you're not sure about something and need a second opinion it's probably because you're making the wrong decision.. go with black! :apple:

Bobby Corwen

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 16, 2010
I think it looks fine, but I prefer black.

Im trying to convince myself of that because on one hand, the black looks more personally elegant, but the white is more flamboyant, so i am trying to decide which is more meaningful.

I am trying to decide if the white is flamboyant enough in a way that is worth it, or if it just comes off as insignificant and too little to late in a time when not even people that used to care care.

Bobby Corwen

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 16, 2010
I think you should get the black.. it's nicer and more masculine in my opinion (I'm a girl btw, if that helps you with your decision, lol..)

You said about matching your mouse and keyboard.. or your macbook pro. Well, which do you carry around with you? Your white mouse and keyboard, or your black macbook pro? Hm... You obviously are going to want it to match your MBP! Get black

I can guarantee you theres nothing special about the White.. if the White were released before the Black, everyone would want the black just because people think what's current/newer is cooler.. :apple:

Black IMO ♥
:)

To those being mean to this guy.. theres nothing wrong with a second opinion.. I am always asking for second opinions on things when I'm not sure.. from clothes, shoes, dresses to computers, but imo if you're not sure about something and need a second opinion it's probably because you're making the wrong decision.. go with black! :apple:

as far as matching the mouse and keyboard, well I live with my room mate and we both have a bunch of friends come over often and i run my MBP out to a (1080p) projector so I operate with the keyboard and the mouse wirelessly a lot. And I also have the mobile mouse app on the phone so essentialy, I control my wall with my phone with OSX being projected on my wall.

I can imagine a girl coming over and being impressed by the white everything because most electronics are black. And it feels like the black 4 is everywhere now and everyones got em in cases and its just all so... saturated.

iFiend

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2011
When I saw it I instantly felt, oh, this is it?

I thought it was a bit different kind of white. Its the opposite of the lets say magic mouse white, its more "painty" like as if it was a 3rd party paint job somehow. that and the details around the antenna dont feel as refined. (at least on the display model i saw since i hear there are some inconsistencies).

I did not notice it too be thicker but it did feel like it was different symmetry somehow.

I got my iphone warranty swapped so now i am holding a super brand new and shiny 32GB black and I have a craigslist ad going for 600$ and if someone bites I will do it. but if not, i dont know how much money and hassle i want to waste. Black is cool too.

I do meet a lot of people and they always notice my phone and so i am one of those guys so that is semi important to me. The black is already awesome but im afraid the white isnt awesome-er enough.

Plus theres the whole metro war right now. I would rather impress girls than guys but still...

I need help deciding.

This thread is everything that is wrong with both the world and MR.

We really do need a :facepalm: emoticon

iFiend

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2011
Im trying to convince myself of that because on one hand, the black looks more personally elegant, but the white is more flamboyant, so i am trying to decide which is more meaningful.

I am trying to decide if the white is flamboyant enough in a way that is worth it, or if it just comes off as insignificant and too little to late in a time when not even people that used to care care.

Well you're already worried about being perceived as gay, over the color of a phone, so why would you want something that is more flamboyant?

I can't believe I'm responding to this thread again :facepalm:

iFiend

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2011
if it just comes off as insignificant and too little to late in a time when not even people that used to care care.

I just threw up in my mouth a little.

You, sir, need to stop worrying about what other people think.

Let me guess - you're 18-21 and are in college, right?

Bobby Corwen

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 16, 2010
Nah bruh, you got the wrong idea. I am just more honest than what is usually conventional and those are my thoughts. Dont judge me, Im from Cali, just help me decide.

This would cost me 160$ to do the trade.

Is the newness of the white worth that much? that is the question.

calvy

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2007
No it's not worth it. Wait to hear more about the next iPhone and get white then if you decide you want it still.

PS, I highly recommend it. The white shows no greasy prints, and the proximity sensor on my white iPhone 4 is so much better than the black one I had.

I lost my black iPhone, and my insurance bought me a new one. So when I bought the new one I got white.

Bobby Corwen

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 16, 2010
No it's not worth it. Wait to hear more about the next iPhone and get white then if you decide you want it still.

PS, I highly recommend it. The white shows no greasy prints, and the proximity sensor on my white iPhone 4 is so much better than the black one I had.

I lost my black iPhone, and my insurance bought me a new one. So when I bought the new one I got white.

so you do or you dont?

Hans Brix

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2010
This thread is everything that is wrong with both the world and MR.

We really do need a :facepalm: emoticon

facepalmsmiley1ti3.gif

:D

Bobby Corwen

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 16, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

Ok, I can handle keeping the black.

I just won't give it another thought and save white for the 5.

It won't really matter what color it is in the grand scheme of things.

jpetticrew

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2009
Texas
I cant decide if the white is worth it enough for the hassle of going through the motions of trading it all out (selling/buying)
I know you've already decided to stay with black, but a lot of people have this reasoning, and I just wanted to comment.

If you do this, you're burning your subsidy on a device you already own. That's just ridiculous. iPhone 5 will be out later this year and there will be a white version of that.

Darthdingo

macrumors 6502a
Dec 11, 2010
I am normally the stealth black type of guy on stuff. But the white iPhone4 does looks really futuristic, and clean.

Reminds me of 2001 Space Odyssey, the clean looking spaceships, or you can say this white iPhone4 is very NASA style, with the space shuttle and astronaut suits being mainly white. All of that is not "girly" in any way whatsoever, just cool.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.