Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

insomniac321123

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 23, 2006
Is anyone else having a problem with the keyboard shortcuts in Safari not working after a short period time of using the browser? For some reason my keyboard shortcuts stop working after a while. Nothing I don't have any problems with anything else, just the keyboard shortcuts. A restart of the browser fixes it. Is anyone else seeing this?

mrapplegate

macrumors 68030
Feb 26, 2011
Cincinnati, OH
Is anyone else having a problem with the keyboard shortcuts in Safari not working after a short period time of using the browser? For some reason my keyboard shortcuts stop working after a while. Nothing I don't have any problems with anything else, just the keyboard shortcuts. A restart of the browser fixes it. Is anyone else seeing this?
Which shortcuts? Copy, Paste?
No problems here with most common shortcuts.

insomniac321123

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 23, 2006
I think it may have been a byproduct of a 1password update. It was updated again and the problem seems to have gone away.

insomniac321123

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 23, 2006
No, all of the shortcuts didn't work. Copy, paste, etc. It was very frustrating, but I haven't seen the problem since the most recent beta update of 1password. Thats my best guess about the problem.

jmt3

macrumors newbie
Oct 21, 2008
Same problem...

I'm having the exact same problem with Safari -- all command-key enabled shortcuts stop functioning after a short time. Only restarting Safari solves the problem. I do not use 1Password.

moogle301

macrumors member
Nov 29, 2009
I'm having the exact same problem with Safari -- all command-key enabled shortcuts stop functioning after a short time. Only restarting Safari solves the problem. I do not use 1Password.

I do not use it either and have this problem but only for the 'Google Search...' jump to search box keyboard shortcut (which I have set to cmdK). It was working fine before and I don't think I've changed anything recently.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4480345

and restarting browser and mac does nothing. neither does disabling extensions. started a few days ago

oh, and i don't use Lion, but Snow Leopard

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.