Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kentochan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 19, 2011
Virginia, USA
I'm using iMovie '11 to make a slideshow out of some photos I have in my library. The transitions etc. are really nice, and I'm enjoying the user experience very much. However, when I go under the Inspector for the still photos, I cannot change the duration! If the original duration was, say 5 seconds, and I change it to 3 seconds, when I hit done it reverts back to the 5 seconds! Please help!!

axeldtf

macrumors 6502
Mar 3, 2007
Did you go to file > project properties.. photo duration.. apply to all photos?
That works for me.

Dave Braine

macrumors 68040
Mar 19, 2008
Warrington, UK
Make sure that you enter the time correctly. Not at a Mac at the moment, but note how the time is displayed, ie 0:0:5(or however) and make sure you make it 0:0:3.

Kentochan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 19, 2011
Virginia, USA
Yeah, I've tried both of the above methods, but neither of them work 100% of the time (more like 5-10% of the time actually). But as I play around with it more, I noticed that some slides consistently add 3 or 4 seconds to what I type in ie if I type in "1" second, it'll show up as "4" seconds. So overall, its still a bit buggy. Hopefully an update will come soon!

Dave Braine

macrumors 68040
Mar 19, 2008
Warrington, UK
I noticed that some slides consistently add 3 or 4 seconds to what I type in ie if I type in "1" second, it'll show up as "4" seconds.
Check iMovie Preferences, there is an option to display times as HH:MM:SS or not. Change the setting from what it is, and I think that will solve the above.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.