Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories

Old May 4, 2011, 11:48 AM   #1
ngod23
macrumors newbie

Ipad 2 Case or Sleeve that is compatible with both smart cover and back cover

Hi all,

There is alot of talk of cases that are compatible with the Ipad 2 Apple smart case but what I am looking to find out is what sleeves or cases are compatible with BOTH the Ipad 2 smart case and a slim black case like the Xgearlive enhancer or the Enki genius case.

Im looking to protect the back and at the same time get a good sleeve or case to carry it around in, I'm worried that with both cases it might be a little to thick for alot of cases.

Thanks in advance
ngod23 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2011, 11:59 AM   #2
jedolley
macrumors 68000

I got the Waterfield Slip Case for iPad 2 w/Smart cover and my iPad with Smart Cover and Belkin Snap Shield fit just fine.

http://sfbags.com/products/ipad-cases/slipcase-ipad.php

I would also assume that the bonus sleeve Enki is sending with their case should fit both the smart cover and their case, but that has yet to be confirmed I believe.
jedolley is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2011, 12:08 PM   #3
MathRulz
macrumors regular

ngod23 thanks for starting this thread! I have the same question.

jedolley. Great! I have the WF Smart Case also. And as you know I also have the Enki on order.
Old May 4, 2011, 01:55 PM   #4
clyde2801
macrumors 601

Targus brown leather tote, when it was on sale at best buy for $19.99.

I venture to say that most v1 slip cases will work well enough with the v2, even with belkin case and smart cover.
Old May 4, 2011, 02:50 PM   #5
sotie
macrumors 6502

I have the Sena UltraSlim (Smart Cover version) and it defnitely does not fit with both the Smart Cover and Belkin Snap Shield attached.
sotie is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2011, 09:32 PM   #6
glen e
macrumors 68030

waterfield sleeve - www.sfbags.com

fits xgear back and smartcover:

glen e is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2011, 08:34 AM   #7
ngod23
macrumors newbie

Hi guys,

Thanks for the responses, sounds like the Waterfield Slip Case might be the one to go for, is it a tight fit? Their video shows the guy having to shake the case to get it out and that's without a back cover.

Has anyone tried both the smart cover and a back cover with any other sleeves or cases?

glen-e your xgear back cover looks smart, im struggling to find one in the UK

Thanks,

Neil
ngod23 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2011, 08:41 AM   #8
jedolley
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngod23 View Post
Hi guys,

Thanks for the responses, sounds like the Waterfield Slip Case might be the one to go for, is it a tight fit? Their video shows the guy having to shake the case to get it out and that's without a back cover.

Has anyone tried both the smart cover and a back cover with any other sleeves or cases?

glen-e your xgear back cover looks smart, im struggling to find one in the UK

Thanks,

Neil
I have the same case, but in dark blue and my iPad has a smart cover and Belkin Snap Shield. It's a tight fit, but not too tight... I believe all three Waterfield/SFBags slip type cases are designed to be a "tight enough" fit and you do not need to shake it to remove the iPad. There's a tab at the bottom of the slip case that you gently pull while removing the iPad which allows the iPad to slide right out. I would guess is that the shaking is to show the iPad does not easily come out unless you use the tab. The design is really good and the quality is top notch.
jedolley is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories