Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ngod23

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 4, 2011
Hi all,

There is alot of talk of cases that are compatible with the Ipad 2 Apple smart case but what I am looking to find out is what sleeves or cases are compatible with BOTH the Ipad 2 smart case and a slim black case like the Xgearlive enhancer or the Enki genius case.

Im looking to protect the back and at the same time get a good sleeve or case to carry it around in, I'm worried that with both cases it might be a little to thick for alot of cases.

Thanks in advance

MathRulz

macrumors regular
Apr 15, 2011
Atlanta
ngod23 thanks for starting this thread! I have the same question.

jedolley. Great! I have the WF Smart Case also. And as you know I also have the Enki on order.

sotie

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2007
I have the Sena UltraSlim (Smart Cover version) and it defnitely does not fit with both the Smart Cover and Belkin Snap Shield attached.

glen e

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
waterfield sleeve - http://www.sfbags.com

fits xgear back and smartcover:

d08ecc1a.jpg

8c650723.jpg

ngod23

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 4, 2011
Hi guys,

Thanks for the responses, sounds like the Waterfield Slip Case might be the one to go for, is it a tight fit? Their video shows the guy having to shake the case to get it out and that's without a back cover.

Has anyone tried both the smart cover and a back cover with any other sleeves or cases?

glen-e your xgear back cover looks smart, im struggling to find one in the UK

Thanks,

Neil

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2009
Hi guys,

Thanks for the responses, sounds like the Waterfield Slip Case might be the one to go for, is it a tight fit? Their video shows the guy having to shake the case to get it out and that's without a back cover.

Has anyone tried both the smart cover and a back cover with any other sleeves or cases?

glen-e your xgear back cover looks smart, im struggling to find one in the UK

Thanks,

Neil

I have the same case, but in dark blue and my iPad has a smart cover and Belkin Snap Shield. It's a tight fit, but not too tight... I believe all three Waterfield/SFBags slip type cases are designed to be a "tight enough" fit and you do not need to shake it to remove the iPad. There's a tab at the bottom of the slip case that you gently pull while removing the iPad which allows the iPad to slide right out. I would guess is that the shaking is to show the iPad does not easily come out unless you use the tab. The design is really good and the quality is top notch.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.