Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AceCoolie

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 19, 2009
Hey everyone,

I'm looking for iPad 2 cases that also hold a stylus but I'm not having much luck. If you know of any, I'd really appreciate links.

Thanks!

eimeria

macrumors member
Mar 18, 2011
The Portenzo Notebook case offers an option for a stylus holder, but if you check out the other threads on MacRumors, you may find out that if you order now, humans may have evolved more advanced methods for communicating than stylii by the time you actually receive your Portenzo case. :D

Seriously though, if you don't mind waiting (and waiting), the Portenzo's have gotten good reviews save for a few recent quality issues as they experience growing pains.

MathRulz

macrumors regular
Apr 15, 2011
Atlanta
Treegloo will soon have a stylus holder option. But then it will probably take a month or so to get the case after it's ordered.

I have the WaterField Designs Smart Case for iPad 2. It has a small loop on the bottom that is just perfect for my Acase 2nd gen stylus.

applefanatic32

macrumors newbie
Apr 20, 2011
California
Check out the:

PENCASE2 Soft Shell Case with Stylus for iPad 2
by Macally

4020-PENC.jpg

JessicaR

macrumors member
Apr 5, 2011
Is the stylus an OCD thing (not wanting fingerprints) or is there a real purpose for the stylus? I have seen people use them but not sure why.

Just curious because I really don't get why people use them.:confused:

MathRulz

macrumors regular
Apr 15, 2011
Atlanta
Is the stylus an OCD thing (not wanting fingerprints) or is there a real purpose for the stylus? I have seen people use them but not sure why.

--Fat fingers (#1 reason for me)
--Fingerprints
--Writing in note-taking apps
--Drawing

xraytech

macrumors 68030
Mar 24, 2010

Come on now!

I'm sure you can think of a few reasons for using a stylus aside from the fingerprint thing.

JessicaR

macrumors member
Apr 5, 2011
--Fat fingers (#1 reason for me)
--Fingerprints
--Writing in note-taking apps
--Drawing

Thanks! You know I never thought about the note taking and drawing. The note taking apps never did work for me and I guess a stylus would make it easier. I just would loose that stylus I know I would.

brudog68

macrumors 6502
Feb 20, 2011
TN USA

I got one for the heck of it, and use it all the time, even small typing jobs like this. Wife wants one now too. Get one, you can always return it, but I bet you don't :cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.