Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spitfire5

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 10, 2005
I just ordered a 1.8ghz powermac (actually i had ordered the 17'' imac but then cancelled the order because i was reading alot of unhappy posts on the apple website forum about owners of 17'' imac g5's complaining about "whiny" and very "loud" fans...i thought it was supposed to be "whisper quiet?) so i cancelled it and got me the powermac. My question is, does the single 1.8ghz powermac have the glass case on the side that allows you to look into the computer? because i was at my apple retailer today and noticed that their dual 2.oghz powermac had a glass casing on the side.Does that apply to all powermacs??????? I sure hope so :)

Cheers

Ps. Cant wait for it to get here...im a first time windows switcher :):D

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
No, the side panels are aluminum, but you can order after-market acrylic sides that allow you to see in... You still have to put the air deflector in, but that's clear too. Apple probably made custom panels for this type of use, but don't offer it.

Phat_Pat

macrumors 68000
May 8, 2004
I Live Where I Live
paulwhannel said:
No, the side panels are aluminum, but you can order after-market acrylic sides that allow you to see in... You still have to put the air deflector in, but that's clear too. Apple probably made custom panels for this type of use, but don't offer it.
or they were running it with the side panel off?

Koree

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2004
Philadelphia
Congrats on the switch! I too am an owner of a powermac G5.

You can open the aluminum panel, what you saw was probably the air reflector. It looks pretty sweet :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.