Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old May 5, 2011, 11:07 AM   #1
slapple
macrumors 6502

How to save voicemail?

I have an iPhone 3G (not jailbroken), and I run Windows. Is there any way to save a voicemail from the iPhone to my computer? I thought I read there is Mac software that can extract voicemails from iTunes backups, is there anything for Windows?
slapple is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2011, 11:10 AM   #2
heisenberg123
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapple View Post
I have an iPhone 3G (not jailbroken), and I run Windows. Is there any way to save a voicemail from the iPhone to my computer? I thought I read there is Mac software that can extract voicemails from iTunes backups, is there anything for Windows?
ive only seen how to do it if your jailbroken
heisenberg123 is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2011, 04:47 PM   #3
earlondan
macrumors newbie

Post saving voicemails

www.voicemailsforever.com seems like your best bet
earlondan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2011, 04:57 PM   #4
IrishVixen
macrumors 68000

PhoneView for the Mac, TouchCopy for Windows--both extract voicemails directly from the phone though, not sure about from backups. I know the demo version of PhoneView won't let you save voicemail, you have to purchase the full version, but it's saved my hide more than once when iTunes decides to eat my data during a so-called sync, so for that alone, it's been worth the price. Add in that I can archive both texts and voicemail on the computer, and it's worth a lot more than they charge.

I'm not as familiar with TouchCopy, but a friend has it and bought it specifically to save vmail from her iPhone. As I recall, there was a demo version and it was the same thing, she had to get the full setup to get that ability. It appears to have most of the same features as PhoneView, and it's recommended for Windows users on the PhoneView FAQ.

You don't need to be jailbroken to use either program.
IrishVixen is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2011, 07:59 PM   #5
BeenThereBefore
macrumors newbie

SaveMyVM.com!

Theres a great site that saves voicemails.

Chck out www.savemyvm.com
BeenThereBefore is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2011, 08:08 PM   #6
Apple 26.2
macrumors 6502a

Guys, thanks for the links... very useful!

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone