Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac

Old May 5, 2011, 12:54 PM   #1
Audiobahn1
macrumors newbie

USB Satellite TV on Boot Camp?

Hi there,

I bought a device that lets me record and watch Satellite TV on my computer. The downside is that it doesnt work on OS X but works on Windows XP, 7 ...

This is the product http://www.technisat.com/indexf461.html?nav=Sat_DVB_S_,en,1294131238891-228 It's Called TechniSat SkyStar USB 2 HD CI

I was wondering if I install windows 7 with boot camp if it will work with my MacBook Pro

also I wanted to Install ProgDVB to work with it, is it compatible as well

Thank you hope to hear back from you
Audiobahn1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2011, 03:30 PM   #2
MacHamster68
macrumors 68040

sure it should work like on any other pc running windows xp ,vista or 7
the only difference between a Mac and any other pc like a dell for example is the Mac has open firmware while the pc has a bios other then that they are identical , so once windows is installed and booting you got a native pc , and therefore all peripherals that are compatible with windows will work, just like on a pc that meets the minimum requirements of that peripherals
MacHamster68 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2011, 07:21 PM   #3
Audiobahn1
macrumors newbie

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacHamster68 View Post
sure it should work like on any other pc running windows xp ,vista or 7
the only difference between a Mac and any other pc like a dell for example is the Mac has open firmware while the pc has a bios other then that they are identical , so once windows is installed and booting you got a native pc , and therefore all peripherals that are compatible with windows will work, just like on a pc that meets the minimum requirements of that peripherals
Thanks for the your response
Audiobahn1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac