Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Mar 10, 2005, 10:41 PM   #1
boneca
macrumors 6502

Disappointed with iSkin

I got iSkin evo2 protector today for mine 30GB iPod Photo, well I'm disappointed not in a quality but in looks.
Maybe I had to get blue or clear one but I got grey (carbon). The beautiful iPod become something ugly and I took it off that iSkin right away. I guess its back to leather case for now.
I also was mistaken this model with other brand where you can pull out the bottom part to use with dock.

too bad
still looking
return will be expensive as it was shipped from Canada
Old Mar 11, 2005, 12:17 AM   #2
clayj
macrumors 604

Before you return it, answer me this: Is this the model that will fit the 60 GB iPod Photo? If so, I'd like (perhaps) to buy it from you. Let me know if it'll fit a 60.
clayj is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2005, 12:22 AM   #3
boneca
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by clayjohanson
Before you return it, answer me this: Is this the model that will fit the 60 GB iPod Photo? If so, I'd like (perhaps) to buy it from you. Let me know if it'll fit a 60.
I don't think this will fit 60GB model. Those are listed as Type B on they web site oposite to Type A for 20GB (30GB in my case)
Old Mar 11, 2005, 12:42 AM   #4
clayj
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneca
I don't think this will fit 60GB model. Those are listed as Type B on they web site oposite to Type A for 20GB (30GB in my case)
Yeah, I would need a Type B... bummer. Sorry... I've been thinking of ordering a Carbon iSkin, as the Arctic one I have is nice but I think Carbon would hide pocket lint and dust better.
clayj is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2005, 12:53 AM   #5
Cuckoo
macrumors 6502

I have to agree with the author... I too bought an iskin and was very disappointed with it. Although it did what it supposed to do, it totally killed the looks of the iPod....
Old Mar 11, 2005, 02:23 AM   #6
puckhead193
macrumors G3

this isn't good because i was thinking of getting an iskin in the carbon color, i guess its boring white I like it because i can still use the itrip and controlls and protect the ipod at the same time. I want it because i put my ipod in the ash tray in my car and its will get scuffed up.
Back to square one...
iPod Touch, 64 GB iPhone 5, 64 GB iPad 3
puckhead193 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2005, 05:12 AM   #7
zyuzin4
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to zyuzin4 Send a message via Yahoo to zyuzin4
Quote:
Originally Posted by puckhead193
this isn't good because i was thinking of getting an iskin in the carbon color, i guess its boring white I like it because i can still use the itrip and controlls and protect the ipod at the same time. I want it because i put my ipod in the ash tray in my car and its will get scuffed up.
Back to square one...
hey i put my skinned ipod in my ash tray too. Now that I got the photo ipod though, I have to use the dock while in my car
Old Mar 11, 2005, 06:04 AM   #8
redAPPLE
macrumors 68030

[QUOTE=boneca]
I also was mistaken this model with other brand where you can pull out the bottom part to use with dock.

QUOTE]

u would have to get the "skin tight" from speck (speckproducts.com).
redAPPLE is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2005, 08:40 AM   #9
_pb_boi
macrumors 6502

[QUOTE=redAPPLE]
Quote:

QUOTE]

u would have to get the "skin tight" from speck (speckproducts.com).
That's the skin I have; I think it suits the iPod well,. It doesn't cover the screen, but sure - I just adapt PDA screen protectors to fit. Those, with a Speck skin, mean the iPod is mint condition after a lot of use. Only thing is, the material can get annoying, becaz it sorta sticks when you try and put it in your jean pocket!

andy.

Macrumors resident hip hop head, trust
_pb_boi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2005, 08:47 AM   #10
boneca
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuckoo
I have to agree with the author... I too bought an iskin and was very disappointed with it. Although it did what it supposed to do, it totally killed the looks of the iPod....
did u return that iSkin? I'm just wondering how much this will be. They have no option for return on they web site only to send them email. I guess this is what I'm gonna do.
Old Mar 11, 2005, 08:50 AM   #11
emw
macrumors 603

Quote:
Really, though, and skin or case protector is going to "hide" the iPod somewhat, taking away from the clean lines of the device. But with the iSkin, at least for me, it provides great protection (even the hard plastic screen protector, which is awesome) and looks reasonably nice as well.

I think it's hard to get a good skin/case that shows off the iPod - otherwise it's not doing its job, in my opinion. This isn't to say there aren't cases that look nice...
Old Mar 11, 2005, 08:50 AM   #12
Cuckoo
macrumors 6502

Quote:
did u return that iSkin? I'm just wondering how much this will be. They have no option for return on they web site only to send them email. I guess this is what I'm gonna do.
Nope, i threw it away..... never looked back
Old Mar 11, 2005, 08:55 AM   #13
Cuckoo
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by emw
Really, though, and skin or case protector is going to "hide" the iPod somewhat, taking away from the clean lines of the device. But with the iSkin, at least for me, it provides great protection (even the hard plastic screen protector, which is awesome) and looks reasonably nice as well.

I think it's hard to get a good skin/case that shows off the iPod - otherwise it's not doing its job, in my opinion. This isn't to say there aren't cases that look nice...
I think we agree on the same. I decided, i'd rather see my iPod and replace it every 2-3 years than hide it and keep it minty.... It's a matter of personal opinion.
Old Mar 11, 2005, 08:58 AM   #14
boneca
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Nope, i threw it away..... never looked back
$40. This is little bit more than I'm willing to threw away. Not that I hadn't much more threwed away before.
Old Mar 11, 2005, 09:00 AM   #15
boneca
macrumors 6502

Quote:
I think we agree on the same. I decided, i'd rather see my iPod and replace it every 2-3 years than hide it and keep it minty.... It's a matter of personal opinion.
I agree with this statement. Wouldn't be nice to have beautiful protector so you don't need to change it every 2-3 years, but probably you'll change it anyway even if it's in perfect shape.
maybe 150-200GB Color iPod
Old Mar 11, 2005, 09:21 PM   #16
puckhead193
macrumors G3

whats the difference between iskin evo and the iskin eXo 2 I want it for my 3G 30 gig ipod. Also what color do u like i was thinking of carbon or black or just keeping the white theme. i wish the blue was darker ....

edit - never mind, i found my answer.... What color do u like, i can't decide...
iPod Touch, 64 GB iPhone 5, 64 GB iPad 3

Last edited by puckhead193; Mar 11, 2005 at 09:23 PM.
puckhead193 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2005, 10:36 AM   #17
apple_iBoy
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by clayjohanson
Yeah, I would need a Type B... bummer. Sorry... I've been thinking of ordering a Carbon iSkin, as the Arctic one I have is nice but I think Carbon would hide pocket lint and dust better.
Just so you know, Carbon iSkins don't hide dust and lint at ALL... if anything, it accentuates it! It's just like when you drive a car on a salted road... black cars always end up really looking like crap!
apple_iBoy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2005, 04:43 PM   #18
kerb
macrumors regular

i tried many skins before ultimately going with the Apple socks.

they keep that bitch shiny shiny shiny!
512MB iPod Shuffle
kerb is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2005, 05:49 PM   #19
blackpeter
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by emw
...with the iSkin, at least for me, it provides great protection (even the hard plastic screen protector, which is awesome) and looks reasonably nice as well.
Agreed.

You got the wrong color if you wanted your iPod to look like an iPod. Mine's white, and I find that it looks more like the actual iPod than any other case (just a little thcker).

Also, I like how iSkin builds vents into the case to accommodate for the extra heat produced while syncing or in disk mode. Other cases have to be removed. They even put feet on the bottom side (like an iBook/PowerBook). And being all rubber, it grips to most surfaces. And cleaning an iSkin requires little more than some soapy warm water.
blackpeter is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod