Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 7, 2011, 05:06 AM   #1
asek94
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: May 2011
Unhappy iPod Touch 4G screen not working after restore... Please, help... ;(

Hello everybody.



I have my iPod Touch 4G 8GB 4.3.3.

I was having 4.2.1 firmware, but i updated it to 4.3.3. Then i didn't know, that there is no untethered jailbreak for that firmware (4.3.3).

So i tried yesterday to downgrade firmware without SHSH and it worked (i was using custom firmware made by snowbreeze, but everytime i turned off my iPod, i have to do redst0ne's "Just tether right now" or something) and was going to sleep.

Today morning i am waking up and ipod is in DFU mode, if i was right. Then i restored it many times, but it comes to DFU again. At the end i used TinyUmbrella, iREB and turned firewall off and i restored iPod Touch 4G. I saw restore bar in itunes, but nothing on iPod. When restored, iTunes showed my iPod as normal (i can upload music and videos there). When i connect iPod to PC, iPod make a sound like when it's connected (yes, iPod, not PC). But problem was - THE SCREEN WASN'T WORKING ANYMORE!!! voicecontrol - works, iTunes (when connected) - works, but screen is black. How it's possible?! iPod wasn't fallen down or else... never... i restored it and black screen everytime i restore - no apple logo, no loading bar, when restores - nothing...

SO PLEASE HELP ME... IT'S VERY IMPORTANT TO ME... ;(((

P.S. Sorry for my bad english...

P.S.S. - i tried many times restore, hard reset, exiting from DFU, but it goes there again... I thing, i tried everything i know...







And, if in short - iPod Touch screen is not working after restore, but iPod works as normal - can play music, work VoiceControl, can upload music and so... HOW THAT'S EVEN POSSIBLE!?

firmware can break display? ((

PLEASE HELP ;(((((((((

thankyou...
asek94 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2011, 06:51 AM   #2
merrickdrfc
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: United Kingdom
Try holding down the home and Lock buttons for about 30 seconds whilst the iPod is connected to iTunes to put it in restore mode? Then, download the iOS 4.X software that you want for jailbreak onto your computer (not through iTunes). When iTunes detects the iPod in restore mode, hold down Option (Mac) or Alt (Windows) and click restore, directing iTunes to the iOS software you have just downloaded, let it restore, and upon completion DO NOT use restore from backup, set it up as a new device.
merrickdrfc is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2011, 08:33 AM   #3
asek94
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by merrickdrfc View Post
Try holding down the home and Lock buttons for about 30 seconds whilst the iPod is connected to iTunes to put it in restore mode? Then, download the iOS 4.X software that you want for jailbreak onto your computer (not through iTunes). When iTunes detects the iPod in restore mode, hold down Option (Mac) or Alt (Windows) and click restore, directing iTunes to the iOS software you have just downloaded, let it restore, and upon completion DO NOT use restore from backup, set it up as a new device.
it doesn't helped...
i said- i restored many times to 4.3.3, 4.3.2, 4.3 etc firmwares...
NOTHING!
i don't even understand - when i restored, how display brokes? maybe not broken, maybe glitch or virus, but it just show nothing... like it's turned off...
asek94 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2011, 09:59 AM   #4
merrickdrfc
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by asek94 View Post
it doesn't helped...
i said- i restored many times to 4.3.3, 4.3.2, 4.3 etc firmwares...
NOTHING!
i don't even understand - when i restored, how display brokes? maybe not broken, maybe glitch or virus, but it just show nothing... like it's turned off...
Sound's like a faulty unit then, if you've restored to different firmwares and its still doing the same thing. Take it to Apple and have a genius look at it ?
merrickdrfc is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2011, 03:12 PM   #5
asek94
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by merrickdrfc View Post
Sound's like a faulty unit then, if you've restored to different firmwares and its still doing the same thing. Take it to Apple and have a genius look at it ?
1st - it's free to take to Genius? And without warranty?
2st - i don't have warranty of this...
3st - i don't know where in Latvia is Apple... Maybe it's iDeal...
asek94 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2011, 04:37 PM   #6
merrickdrfc
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by asek94 View Post
1st - it's free to take to Genius? And without warranty?
2st - i don't have warranty of this...
3st - i don't know where in Latvia is Apple... Maybe it's iDeal...
Yeah its free, you get a year free warranty from Apple, you just need to take it into an Apple shop.
merrickdrfc is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2011, 12:14 AM   #7
asek94
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by merrickdrfc View Post
Yeah its free, you get a year free warranty from Apple, you just need to take it into an Apple shop.
can't... i said - i have no warranty.
asek94 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2011, 12:38 AM   #8
AWallen90
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by asek94 View Post
can't... i said - i have no warranty.
How do you not have a warranty? Every iPod gets a year since it is less than a year old it has one. Unless you are saying jailbreaking the iPod voided your warranty. Just restore to factory default.
AWallen90 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2011, 11:21 AM   #9
jons.
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
I'm going to answer this guy in his native language, don't mind me.

Tātad, ekrāns vispār neko nerāda? Pilnīgi melns?
Ja gribi nest uz garantiju, tad labāk pārliec tīru firmwāri, neko modotu vai neorģinālu.

Pamēģini piespiest ekrānu. Gan stūros, gan virsū. Protams, ne pārāk stipri.
Ja gribi vairāk info vai konsultāciju uzraksti kaut savu skype niku, vai citu veidu, kā ar tevi sakontaktēties.
jons. is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2011, 08:18 AM   #10
asek94
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by jons. View Post
I'm going to answer this guy in his native language, don't mind me.

Tātad, ekrāns vispār neko nerāda? Pilnīgi melns?
Ja gribi nest uz garantiju, tad labāk pārliec tīru firmwāri, neko modotu vai neorģinālu.

Pamēģini piespiest ekrānu. Gan stūros, gan virsū. Protams, ne pārāk stipri.
Ja gribi vairāk info vai konsultāciju uzraksti kaut savu skype niku, vai citu veidu, kā ar tevi sakontaktēties.
xkadekx
asek94 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2011, 09:04 PM   #11
sagarsamtani
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Black screen

I have word by word exactly same problem like asek..
Stuck in dfu mode.. Boot tethered with redsnow fine , voice control works.. But cant see anything but a black screen..
I tried everything like ireb.. Tinyumbrella.. Fix recovery.. Recboot.. Restore with ios 4.3.3 and also tried custom
Firmware 4.3.3 .. Nothing works..
I have not tried latest official ios 4.3.5 ..
What should i do guys.. Plz help me
Asek how did u solve the problem? Can u describe?
sagarsamtani is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2011, 11:11 PM   #12
bora
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Unhappy black screen

Yes ! pls help us, i am having this problem as well on my ipod touch 4, it worked when reboot tether with redsn0w...but the screen still dark
bora is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ipod touch restore error (1) ziegfeldgirl iPod touch 2 Jan 18, 2014 06:24 AM
Need to restore iPod Touch, screen is broken and has passcode, need help... nospleen iPod touch 12 Oct 11, 2013 12:58 AM
Help! Touch screen not working domon1 iPod touch 3 Jun 8, 2013 05:59 PM
iPod Touch restore karlconway iPod touch Accessories 0 Apr 11, 2013 11:28 AM
Touch Screen Not Working in my Ipod Touch sanjananb1 iPod touch 3 Dec 27, 2012 11:12 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:30 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC