Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPhone and iPod touch Apps

Old May 7, 2011, 08:36 PM   #1
iAAPL
macrumors regular

Slingbox with AirPlay

Does anyone know if the Dish Network Remote Access app works with AirPlay? I plan on getting one of the Sling loaded Dish receivers soon. I would like to be able to bring our Dish service along to our cabin and watch it on a TV. (I don't want to set up another dish and get another receiver.) There is good WiFi and 3G available there. So, is there any way to watch my Dish content on the TV over the internet? Slingbox keeps bringing these Sling receivers to CES, but about this time each year, they just disappear from existence.

I figure the iPhone/iPad is my best option. If it doesn't work via AirPlay, does it work via the VGA or HDMI adapter? If not, are there any other affordable options to watch my home Dish Network receiver over the internet on a TV?

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPhone and iPod touch Apps