Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hsop

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 5, 2011
Hello!

I'm using Mac for sometime now thanks to help I can find here but now I'm having a problem with using bluetooth on Mac. I'm using a Samsung Monte and I used to send files via bluetooth from Mac to the phone.

Now I have to get a file from the phone, to the Mac but I get an error when I hit send on the phone and it says sending failed.

Mac finds the name of the phone and the phone finds Mac. So how can I get this file?

I also tried using "Browse Device" from System Pref->Bluetooth->Browse Device and I can see what's inside the phone, I can find the files I sent there. So I changed the location of my file to the phone (it was on the memory card before). But I still can't see it.

Anyway, if someone can help me get this file I'd really appreciate it, it's highly important to me, please.

Dave Felix

macrumors 6502a
Apr 9, 2011
Scranton, Pennsylvania
Hello!

I'm using Mac for sometime now thanks to help I can find here but now I'm having a problem with using bluetooth on Mac. I'm using a Samsung Monte and I used to send files via bluetooth from Mac to the phone.

Now I have to get a file from the phone, to the Mac but I get an error when I hit send on the phone and it says sending failed.

Mac finds the name of the phone and the phone finds Mac. So how can I get this file?

I also tried using "Browse Device" from System Pref->Bluetooth->Browse Device and I can see what's inside the phone, I can find the files I sent there. So I changed the location of my file to the phone (it was on the memory card before). But I still can't see it.

Anyway, if someone can help me get this file I'd really appreciate it, it's highly important to me, please.

been trying to do this as well, i dont know why we cant take files from the phone.

arnie1066

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2011
Glasgow
Answer :)

Hello!

Came here looking for an answer but discovered how to do it a bit later by accident....

Go to the folder on the phone where the images are, select 'More', if you scroll down, there is a 'Bluetooth Visibility' option. Nice touch but a little hidden, select this, then you will see that each image has the bluetooth logo with a line through it... click this icon to make it visible on the Mac :)

Hope it works for you.

-=::: UPDATE :::=-
Some photos, even though they were set to visible, still would not copy. It seemed to be the ones that were being used as Wallpapers, so we temporarily swapped the wallpapers for a different photo, and then they copied over.

Note: We copied using the macs Browse phone feature under the bluetooth icon.

:apple: Mark n Kat :apple:

Last edited:

oiasam

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2012
Hello!

I know it is late to reply this, but since i had the same issue and i solved it in another way, i thought of sharing ;)

go to System Preferences > Bluetooth > Sharing Setup , tick bluetooth sharing and change the bluetooth sharing preferences to your liking. Once you are done, close the window and go to your phone and send the file using bluetooth, make sure that your Mac bluetooth is discoverable.

I hope it works for you too ;)

Cheers

leonalim

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2011
Mac w samsungs4

Hi, Emmm... i tried all ways tt u, guys above mentioned. but im onli able to paired the device and mac. yet all my device photos wasnt able to send over. Can anyone guide me around? sorry im reali a dumb in I.T. Actuali My main pro is sync mac w samsung ph. I wan to kep a copy in iphoto, a copy in device and a copy in external hard disk. but tried kies, android file transfer.. even took out the SD card.. mac just wasnt able to recognise it. last option : bluetooth.. it stil cant work out.. (-_-)||| i reali ned help badly... Thank u!

PhilWells

macrumors newbie
May 1, 2012
San Diego, CA
In Mavericks,

SystemPrefs > Sharing > BluetoothSharing Once checked/ticked, then the phone (mine is a Note 4) can send files to the Mac. It surprises me that files can be transferred by BT, THE OTHER WAY, without doing these steps.

I never would have found my solution if it hadn't been for similar solutions by others, so THANKS, all.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.