Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mac'inmama

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 6, 2005
Southeast USA
I am thinking about getting the engraving, but not totally sure what one gets engraved on an iPad. Curious what's on yours?

4DThinker

macrumors 68020
Mar 15, 2008
I stopped having mine engraved after my 1st and 2nd gens Touches went bad and were replaced with bare-backed Touches.

I did have something engraved on the iPad2 I bought for my wife: "Dr's Eye-Pad". She's an eye doctor.

mac'inmama

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 6, 2005
Southeast USA
Here is an idea for you.

"Didn't know what to say but it was free and I even lowered my resale value by 25% too":D

LOL funny, I just mentioned that to DH, too. What if I want to sell it? I don't think I'll be getting any engraving. I can always count on MacRumors to reinforce my positive thinking.

Reactions: AJsAWiz and lyngo

JessicaR

macrumors member
Apr 5, 2011
I must be waaaaay out of the loop because I did not know about engraving and I did not know it was free. Is this an option when you order it directly from Apple or something?

I bought mine from Best Buy for 2 reasons. 1. There is not an Apple store within 50 miles. 2. Best Buy has an accident protection plan meaning if I break it within 2 years they will fix it or replace it, which I love.

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
reward.jpg

thedirtyglass

macrumors newbie
Apr 10, 2011
Western MA
I went with a classic movie quote as you can always find someone who appreciates the classics when I go to resell. My iPad2 reads "Louie, this looks like the beginning of a beautiful friendship". If anyone is not a movie fan its the last line of Casablanca.

Kupp

macrumors regular
Mar 23, 2011
Massachusetts
In retrospect I think it could have been amusing to write, "Owner used this iPad in the bathroom daily." but I can only imagine what that would have done to the resale value, not to mention what my classmates migh thing.

Roofy.

macrumors 6502a
Jan 24, 2009
Mine says:

Your SUV
is a POS

which is the same as the sticker on the back of my mini cooper. SUV's suck

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
In retrospect I think it could have been amusing to write, "Owner used this iPad in the bathroom daily." but I can only imagine what that would have done to the resale value, not to mention what my classmates migh thing.

HA HA this is a good one. Imagine you sell it without letting the person know it's engraved... The look on their face when they receive it and take it out of the box would be priceless.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.