Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

batman75

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 15, 2010
Other forum members as well as myself have had a number of issues with MacLove.

The pictures on their website appear very attractive, but the reality of their products is something quite different.

I am going to share the issues as a warning to others:

1) Cases don't fit right. On my Viscount case the camera hole was misaligned which meant that you got a black edge to your photos where the lense is obstructed. Others have reported the Jumper case is extremely loose. Clearly they quickly designed sloppy templates that don't work.

2) Case won't stay shut. The mis-sizing of the case means the cover is raised from the screen which makes it impossible for the magnets to hold it shut.

3) Leather is cut roughly (looks torn) and glued in a sloppy way. If you look at the edges of the case, it looks like the leather was torn and glued together. Extremely shoddy workmanship for a case that cost me $90 and was advertised as premium leather.

4) Extremely thick and boxy case - oversized for iPad 2. There are 3mm of clearance between the cover and the iPad which makes it really thick.

5) The worst customer service in this space. They flat out refuse returns and keep reinforcing that their cases are perfect. The only way to get any help is via Paypal Resolution Center. I've been trying for over a week to get my money back.

6) Ripoff pricing. Expecting a very high quality premium case I paid $89.99 which included shipping. A week after I ordered the case from their website, they started selling the same product on Amazon for $54.99 including shipping. So they are clearly gouging people who buy from their website. Further the case is not even worth $10 given the shoddy quality.

7) They sent me an open box unit despite paying the higher price on their website. The packaging had been retaped over.

Caveat emptor.

Pictures

1) 2-3mm gap between cover and screen which makes case boxy and prevents magnets from holding cover shut.
5671557426_ac30391c2b.jpg

2) Leather roughly cut and glued together at the edges
5701030239_45014af119.jpg

5701598500_40b1f43f8e.jpg

brudog68

macrumors 6502
Feb 20, 2011
TN USA
I too was tempted to order the Marquess, but after seeing how crappy the website and information was I held off. They do look great on the website. Inexcusable. Good luck.

batman75

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 15, 2010
I too was tempted to order the Marquess, but after seeing how crappy the website and information was I held off. They do look great on the website. Inexcusable. Good luck.

Exactly. They are deliberately misleading people. They told people via email that the case has a magnetic close, even though it clearly does not. They claim it is a premium product but it is not. Their photo angles are chosen to hide the problem areas in the design.

I hope this thread ensures nobody else makes this mistake.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.