Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Old May 8, 2011, 08:24 PM   #1
GoWings97
macrumors newbie

Question Unlocking a Disabled iPhone

Is there a way to somehow set up a way to unlock your iPhone even after it has been disabled because of incorrect pass code attempts. My phone is jailbroken so i was just wondering if there was something in Cydia that would allow me to not have to wait the hour that it wants me to. I was thinking maybe there could be a special number that you could dial in the emergency call that would unlock it or something like that. I don't know. Lemme know if you know of anything that might be of help
GoWings97 is offline   -1 Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2011, 08:36 PM   #2
Crystal-RX
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoWings97 View Post
Is there a way to somehow set up a way to unlock your iPhone even after it has been disabled because of incorrect pass code attempts. My phone is jailbroken so i was just wondering if there was something in Cydia that would allow me to not have to wait the hour that it wants me to. I was thinking maybe there could be a special number that you could dial in the emergency call that would unlock it or something like that. I don't know. Lemme know if you know of anything that might be of help
Yes.
Crystal-RX is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2011, 10:06 PM   #3
Applejuiced
macrumors Nehalem

Quote:
You will have to restore it.
There isnt anything you can do if the option to erase all data after 10 failed attempts have been turned on.
And what do you mean by unlocking? To use it on unofficial carrier or just get it to start up again and boot into the homescreen?
What kind of iphone, what firmware was it on, was it carrier unlocked?
Applejuiced is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2011, 10:53 PM   #4
GoWings97
macrumors newbie

I think we're misunderstanding the question. Let me set up a situation. A buddy of mine gets my iPhone and thinks it would be funny to disable my phone for an hour by typing in the wrong pass code repeatedly. Is there something I could instal that would allow me to bypass the hour wait time and unlock my phone??
GoWings97 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2011, 10:56 PM   #5
Applejuiced
macrumors Nehalem

Quote:
I think we're misunderstanding the question. Let me set up a situation. A buddy of mine gets my iPhone and thinks it would be funny to disable my phone for an hour by typing in the wrong pass code repeatedly. Is there something I could instal that would allow me to bypass the hour wait time and unlock my phone??
No, I dont think any package like that exists.
Here's a good idea.
Dont let that "nice" buddy of yours get your iphone again.
Applejuiced is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2011, 10:58 PM   #6
tjb1
macrumors 68000

Quote:
You can get iGotYa which will allow them in to the phone after 2 failed attempts but it basically "hides" every app, song, message, contact, photo and anything else you have on until the correct pin is entered. It also takes a picture using the front camera, and emails the picture along with Lat-Lon to show the location the unlock failed and every time the phone sleeps and requires a password after the fail it will let them in with an incorrect password and take another picture and keep everything hidden until the correct password is entered.

I use it with CleverPin which keeps my phone from needing a pin when unlocked while playing music.

iGotYa seems like a solution to your problem and also a way to locate if stolen if you dont have MobileMe.
Old May 9, 2011, 12:59 AM   #7
Crystal-RX
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Like Applejuiced said, you will have to restore it. No other way around it. However, regular restore will not work, the phone must be in DFU mode.
Crystal-RX is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2011, 06:56 PM   #8
GoWings97
macrumors newbie

Thank you tjb1!!!!! That sounds perfect
GoWings97 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2011, 07:19 PM   #9
labman
macrumors 604

Get Better Friends!
Old May 10, 2011, 07:29 PM   #10
tjb1
macrumors 68000

Or stop posting if you cant offer a valid solution to a legitimate question?
Old May 10, 2011, 07:57 PM   #11
Applejuiced
macrumors Nehalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjb1 View Post
Or stop posting if you cant offer a valid solution to a legitimate question?
It is a valid solution smarty.
If someone keeps doing that to my phone I'm not gonna let them touch it again.
Simple, instead of looking for a workaround in order to use my own phone again and not have to wait an hour.
Applejuiced is offline   2 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks