Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming

Old May 8, 2011, 10:46 PM   #1
Avicenna
macrumors member

KVO for AVAudioPlayer not working.

Hi, I am trying to observe the "currentTime" property of AVAudioPlayer. But the method isn't even being called... I need it to set the position of a UISlider.. But it's not working. Here's the relevant code:

Code:
[audioPlayer addObserver:self forKeyPath:@"currentTime" options:(NSKeyValueObservingOptionNew | NSKeyValueObservingOptionOld) context:nil];

- (void)observeValueForKeyPath:(NSString *)keyPath
                      ofObject:(id)object
                        change:(NSDictionary *)change
                       context:(void *)context {
    NSLog(@"%@", change);
}
Thanks.
Avicenna is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2011, 11:24 PM   #2
jiminaus
macrumors 65816

According to the developer docs for AVAudioPlayer, it does not respond to any of the NSKeyValueObserving messages. Do you know if it's KVO compliant? If it's not, then you can't observe property changes on it.
jiminaus is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming