Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming

Old May 9, 2011, 12:54 AM   #1
serlingpa
macrumors newbie

Core Data woes

Hi guys

I am a Windows developer who is migrating to the Mac. I have a question regarding a Core Data example in the book "Cocoa® Programming for Mac® OS X, Third Edition".

My questions regards chapter 11. I have built the application exactly as describes and it all functions well—I can add images to cars, the columns are in bold for special offers and so on. However, the document doesn't appear to ever get dirty, even after several edits. The little red close button in the window does not have a black dot after edits, and I can close the window without complaint. Also the Save and Save As buttons are disabled. In fact, the only way I can save the document is to close down the application, whereupon I am asked "Do you want to save...?" which makes me think the document is dirty somewhere!

I am totally new to Core Data and have looked in every place I can think of for the answer. Could you please shed some light on this for me?

Regards, Mark Norgate
serlingpa is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2011, 01:03 AM   #2
chown33
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by serlingpa View Post
I am totally new to Core Data and have looked in every place I can think of for the answer.
The book you're using has a forum:
http://forums.bignerdranch.com/viewforum.php?f=5

Have you tried asking your question there?

That book also has an errata on the bignerdranch.com website. Have you looked there for possible updates?
chown33 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2011, 02:59 AM   #3
serlingpa
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chown33 View Post
The book you're using has a forum:
http://forums.bignerdranch.com/viewforum.php?f=5

Have you tried asking your question there?

That book also has an errata on the bignerdranch.com website. Have you looked there for possible updates?
Nope, I hadn't thought of looking at the book's website. Doh!

Thanks very much for the tip.

Regards, Mark
serlingpa is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming