Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

serlingpa

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 12, 2009
Hi guys

I am a Windows developer who is migrating to the Mac. I have a question regarding a Core Data example in the book "Cocoa® Programming for Mac® OS X, Third Edition".

My questions regards chapter 11. I have built the application exactly as describes and it all functions well—I can add images to cars, the columns are in bold for special offers and so on. However, the document doesn't appear to ever get dirty, even after several edits. The little red close button in the window does not have a black dot after edits, and I can close the window without complaint. Also the Save and Save As buttons are disabled. In fact, the only way I can save the document is to close down the application, whereupon I am asked "Do you want to save...?" which makes me think the document is dirty somewhere!

I am totally new to Core Data and have looked in every place I can think of for the answer. Could you please shed some light on this for me?

Regards, Mark Norgate

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.