Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pulsewidth947

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 25, 2005
Has anyone had any problems with their new mini not accepting a cd? i just went to put a cd in the drive, but it wouldnt accept it into the drive.

It only arrived this morning, and i havent even opened the case to put the ram in!

jackieonasses

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2004
the great OKLAHOMA....
pulsewidth947 said:
Has anyone had any problems with their new mini not accepting a cd? i just went to put a cd in the drive, but it wouldnt accept it into the drive.

It only arrived this morning, and i havent even opened the case to put the ram in!
I know this sounds stupid... But is there a cd already in there???

kyle

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
Depends on the CD -- try another.

Some copy-protected audio CDs and PC CDs that haven't been properly closed may cause it to get temperamental.

At least it's still under guarantee. :)

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
Is this a direct continuation from this thread...? :rolleyes:

Are you sure it's not one in there (that's not mounted)...?

Edit: I see that has already been suggested... it just takes too long to find and insert URLs... :p

New question, since these threds were pretty close, timewise... have you fixed permissions and/or rebooted, just too see if that helps...?

pulsewidth947

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 25, 2005
oh god do i feel stupid.. i didnt push it in far enough..

i'll explain myself :) on the slot laoding macs at work you push them roughly half way and the drive sucks it in.

on this mini i had to push it till there was roughly 1-2 cms sticking out.

but.. the blank cd i put in hasnt popped up on the desktop, and i dont have an apple keyboard so no eject button.. uh oh..

.. and yes it was a thread continuation.. i tried to be sneaky but got busted.. sorry :)

:edit: muahahaha.. a quick restart then a popup box saying it cant read the disk "ignore/eject" thanks apple !

john1123

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2005
Down Under
pulsewidth947 said:
the blank cd i put in hasnt popped up on the desktop, and i dont have an apple keyboard so no eject button.. uh oh..

you can also install the eject menubar item. it can be found in System:Library:CoreServices:MenuExtras:Eject.menu

just double click the file and you can now eject your drive from the menubar!

noelister

macrumors 6502
Jan 15, 2005
john1123 said:
you can also install the eject menubar item. it can be found in System:Library:CoreServices:MenuExtras:Eject.menu

Can't you just drag the mounted CD/DVD to the trash can to eject it?

pulsewidth947

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 25, 2005
john1123 said:

thats really handy to know! although i'm not really sure why it wouldnt show up on the desktop, as it was only a blank cd. oh well.. computers.. cant live with em, cant live without em :)... although i can happily live with my mini.. once i figured out how to use it that is.

alexprice

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2005
john1123 said:

Thats really cool, how do you then remove it from the menu bar?
(Should you wish too?) :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.