Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

felch

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 18, 2010
I'm considering a SGP skin or something similar. I would prefer a grippy skin but I'm open to a hard shell as well. My only problem with the hard shells is that they are either to thick or are designed to work with the smart cover which leaves most of the side open.nif it wasn't for that I would buy the feather.

Xultar

macrumors 6502a
Dec 4, 2010
I'm considering a SGP skin or something similar. I would prefer a grippy skin but I'm open to a hard shell as well. My only problem with the hard shells is that they are either to thick or are designed to work with the smart cover which leaves most of the side open.nif it wasn't for that I would buy the feather.

I'd like someone to make some like grippy matte transparent or even colouful grippy stickers to stick on the back of my case.

cbronfman

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2008
Washington DC
icarbons - not transparent but texture adds grip

Not transparent - but looks like carbon fiber. 3M skin so dry install. Looks great, fits well and adds enough texture to improve grip a lot.

gigaguy

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2010
USA
I also want a grippy rubberized case, I don't know why most manufacturers make these slick shiny slippery cases. even many of the textured TPU cases are slippery. I have a carbon fiber skin on mine and it is NOT grippy. I;ve seen a very few hard shell cases that might have grip, but they are rare. I think these type tend to scratch and show every mark is I'm guessing why no one makes them. I find the naked iPad way too slippery and most cases do not seem to improve this.

My leather Yoobao folio adds some grip but not enough.
I have a Power Support Air jacket on my older iPhone that is black, thin hard plastic but has a rubbery coating. perfect.

Last edited:

Iceage

macrumors 6502
Apr 17, 2010
I got the SGP leather skin and the BSE skin. No competition in my book, BSE wins. Much better coverage with a nice grippy feeling to it. Absolutely love it!

gigaguy

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2010
USA
Thanks, I did apply BSE on my iPod Touch and it was grippy. I liked the look of my iPad carbon fiber skin, thinking it would have a grip, but it's more slippery than a naked iPad. That skin was $20 so I hate to remove it and buy another, plus now I want some good bump protection.
I may get a BSE back skin for when I want a caseless grippy iPad. For general use I like my leather Yoobao a lot, it looks and feels great, but not that grippy to hold. Thats why I liked the orig Apple iPad one case, super grippy.

But I kept wasting money on trying to find a grippy iPad2 case with 2 TPU cases, 1 skin, and the Yoobao. I'm hesitant to buy more cases but am peeved really good slim grippy ones seem rare.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.