Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services

Old May 13, 2011, 04:50 PM   #1
quasinormal
Banned

Is this crap OK?

Crap's OK isn't it? I just registered a new domain- www.crapcds.com. I've got a crapload of CDs from my collection I'd like to sell. I have a static IP address, an Xserve G5 2.3Ghz on the way, a new copy of Server 10.5, the drag and drop web Sandvox, and a sick father who is going to keep me homebound for a while.

I know nothing about all this, but so far things are looking encouraging, except that MobileMe won't let me temporarily host the domain there because of "crap".

Quote:
Crap2 Slang
n
1. nonsense
2. rubbish
3. (Life Sciences & Allied Applications / Physiology) another word for faeces
vb craps, crapping, crapped
(Life Sciences & Allied Applications / Physiology) (intr) another word for defecate
[C15 crappe chaff, from Middle Dutch, probably from crappen to break off]
Usage: This word was formerly considered to be taboo, and it was labelled as such in previous editions of Collins English Dictionary. However, it has now become acceptable in speech, although some older or more conservative people may object to its use
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/crap

Last edited by quasinormal; May 13, 2011 at 05:01 PM. Reason: Quote
quasinormal is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2011, 04:52 PM   #2
maclaptop
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by quasinormal View Post
"crap".
Your favorite word?
maclaptop is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2011, 04:23 PM   #3
Apple Corps
macrumors 68020

Are you a contemporary Don Quixote?

Joust away - Tempis Fugit.
Apple Corps is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2011, 05:22 PM   #4
^^BIGMac
macrumors regular

Great thread.
^^BIGMac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2011, 10:51 PM   #5
wackymacky
macrumors 65816

Location: sent to 17.019528,-25.06721 for the next 6 weeks for my sins
Quote:
Originally Posted by quasinormal View Post
Crap's OK isn't it? I just registered a new domain- www.crapcds.com. I've got a crapload of CDs from my collection I'd like to sell. I have a static IP address, an Xserve G5 2.3Ghz on the way, a new copy of Server 10.5, the drag and drop web Sandvox, and a sick father who is going to keep me homebound for a while.

I know nothing about all this, but so far things are looking encouraging, except that MobileMe won't let me temporarily host the domain there because of "crap".

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/crap

Well, what do you think? Really?

I couldn't care less if you called your site crapCDs, turdCD, worlds-s4ittest-music.com.

However some people are sensitive, and no, Steve won't let you, because they don't want to deal with a bunch of crappy little sad-sacks who would have nothing better to do than complain about your domain name.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services