Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hal Jordan

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 19, 2011
You don't have any brand loyalty? Possibly in the market for a new phone this summer? Read on.
Samsung have release a full live HD demo of the Galaxy S2. This isn't some pre rendered garbage. It's truly all live. Everything from user customization, emailing, real multitasking, to gaming. There truly is no equal at the moment. Plain and simple this the new bar for smartphones. This is why all the live blogging and all the online reviews are lit up with nothing but sheer utter jaw dropping praise for the Galaxy S2. If you're really interested in getting the best out there, and you don't have any brand loyalty, you really need to watch what this phone can really do. Devastating.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4n2Kp4ekWNs&feature=player_embedded

Motionblurrr

macrumors 65816
Jul 1, 2008
The Galaxy S II is a GREAT phone don't get me wrong, but everyone said this with the EVO 4G last year when compared to the 3GS at the time. Yet Apple somehow comes in blazing guns at WWDC.

Apple hasn't announced anything yet. Apple could throw in a quad-core and laugh all the way to the bank.

AdrianK

macrumors 68020
Feb 19, 2011
Person that doesn't want flash, touchwiz and a low-res display says "what"...

...What?!

TonyC28

macrumors 68030
Aug 15, 2009
USA
That phone looks pretty nice. Personally though, I think all these phones are just finding ways to do the same things it different ways. The next big breakthrough I'm waiting for is batteries. These phones can do all this cool stuff but to do it all you have to recharge your phone twice a day.

Hal Jordan

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 19, 2011
Damn androids ugly and choppy. Not to mention a poor copy.

Actually considering every review of this phone has said it as smooth as silk, I'm guessing it's time for an eye checkup for you. Or perhaps your isheep blood is boiling over the fact that phone doesn't have a fruity label on it. Or both.

jjfeltham

macrumors member
Mar 28, 2011
I had samsung galaxy s, this doesn't seem much of an upgrade from that.
The samsung galaxy s was a terrible phone. It could do a lot of things, but it did those things poorly.
It was extremely laggy and force closed a hell of a lot. Using it seemed so rough and wasn't a good experience. Thankfully my network swappedmthe phone for free to an iPhone 4 last week and now I'm back to using a smooth phone that just works.

Hal Jordan

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 19, 2011
I had samsung galaxy s, this doesn't seem much of an upgrade from that.
The samsung galaxy s was a terrible phone. It could do a lot of things, but it did those things poorly.
It was extremely laggy and force closed a hell of a lot. Using it seemed so rough and wasn't a good experience. Thankfully my network swappedmthe phone for free to an iPhone 4 last week and now I'm back to using a smooth phone that just works.

LOL, yeah, 1.2GHz Dual core with 1Gig of RAM is the same as the first Galaxy S.:confused: Honestly, lying about what you had and then on top of that saying the Galaxy S2 doesn't seem much of an upgrade, is quite sad. I guess all those mobile reviewers who are blown away with this phone must be on crack. Or maybe your fruit of the loom underwear is a tad too tight.:apple:

sat165

macrumors regular
Jul 22, 2010
I'm in your cupboard
some of the features are good, but at the end of the day android looks horrible compared to ios4, and it still doesnt have that feel of apple, it feels like a cheaper toy..

a jailbroken iphone customised to how you want will still be hard to beat, i think this beats unjailbroken ios tho. but that video output is crazy, playing NOVA looked insane and video playback is useful. the iphone 4 av adapter doesnt work that well, has anyone managed to get it working with vlc player yet or any other games?

Skika

macrumors 68030
Mar 11, 2009
All this tech and then.... Plastic? Really?

Why

And this phone was just released why compare it to a year old iPhone 4?

MAKES NO SENSE AT ALL

But u go ahead and be a troll dont let this post trouble you.

Hal Jordan

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 19, 2011
And this phone was just released why compare it to a year old iPhone 4?

Would be nice to see where I compared it to the iPhone 4 in this thread. I think it's a massive insult to the GS2 to be compared to the iPhone4. Although, I do understand how some are making the comparison, as that is what is current from Apple. If Apple can't keep up with updating their phone compared to the market then so be it. It will have it's most current phone compared to the current market. But don't be bothered by this logic, keep on iSheeping.

TheE3Guy

macrumors newbie
Oct 19, 2010
The Galaxy S II might be .2ghz faster than Apple's A5 processor, but Apple has created everything to work with each other, iDevices, iOS, A5, it's all optimized by Apple to run perfectly. So while the Galaxy S II is "faster", it's probably not optimized as well as the iPhone 5 will be and could end up performing slower in the long run.

WeegieMac

Jan 29, 2008
Glasgow, UK
I lasted 3m 22s and switched off.

No "fanboy" intentions here, but theres too much fannying about going on in that video. Press, press, press, press ... sorry, but what makes an iPhone is not specs, it's iOS. That OS looked overly cluttered and just too spread all over the place.

I'm sure some love it, and best of luck to them. I'll stick with my iPhone 4 thanks.

Goldinboy17

macrumors 65816
Jun 21, 2010
San Francisco, Ca
The Galaxy S II might be .2ghz faster than Apple's A5 processor, but Apple has created everything to work with each other, iDevices, iOS, A5, it's all optimized by Apple to run perfectly. So while the Galaxy S II is "faster", it's probably not optimized as well as the iPhone 5 will be and could end up performing slower in the long run.

Truly. An iPhone running iOS functions much smoother than an Android device with twice the amount of RAM. The iPhone really does compliment the UI and vice versa. I honestly can't say I believe the same for Android devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.