Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old May 14, 2011, 03:15 PM   #1
Sam Cropper
macrumors newbie

Question Confusion with iPad 2 sim.

Morning all,

Recently got an 3G 32GB iPad 2. It's great but I still haven't got any sort of data plan for it. I've asked at O2 shops etc, and it's looking like around 10/ Month.

I was wondering if it's possible to get a regular sim card with a cheaper data plan, use a mini sim to micro sim cutter (or cut it with scissors) and use it in the iPad 2? I live in UK.

Thanks in advance
Sam Cropper is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2011, 03:18 PM   #2
Simbazz
macrumors regular

As far as I know it isn't possible.

10 a month is reasonable! I'm paying 15 at Three until I return home for summer from Uni (I go to a Uni who don't quite grasp the wonder that WIFI is!)
Simbazz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2011, 05:34 PM   #3
Mr.C
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Cropper View Post
Morning all,

Recently got an 3G 32GB iPad 2. It's great but I still haven't got any sort of data plan for it. I've asked at O2 shops etc, and it's looking like around 10/ Month.

I was wondering if it's possible to get a regular sim card with a cheaper data plan, use a mini sim to micro sim cutter (or cut it with scissors) and use it in the iPad 2? I live in UK.

Thanks in advance
It's not possible. You have to go with iPad specific plans and sims. It may have to do with the fact that the iPad is data only 3G and phones are data and voice. At the moment I'm on O2's 1GB plan that also includes free Wi-Fi at Cloud and BT Openzone hot spots.
Mr.C is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Tags
3 g, hack, ipad, ipad 2, sim