Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

applebum

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 10, 2003
SC
Ok - I have been without MM all day now. There is a discussion thread on the Apple support pages with others having the same problem - some have said it has been going on for days. According to an online service chat I had, there is a little server problem going on. The interesting thing is that Apple's status page for MM says everything is up and running???

So, could this indicate the new MM that has been rumored, or the iTunes cloud service? I wonder if they are having "server" problems because they are getting ready to go online with one or both of these?

Anyway, if you have been having problems with MM, Apple is aware and working on it.

spacepower7

macrumors 68000
May 6, 2004
My access to MobileMe has been down for 2 hours.

I reset my router and tried two different computers, so I came here.

I guess I'm not the only one.

Maybe they are start/testing the new cloud services?

Last edited:

flipshot

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2007
Hertfordshire, UK
Mine has been up and down like a yoyo all evening. They have now updated the status to say there are problems with MobileMe Mail and Push Services for those on iOS 3.2 or earlier.

Surely they will have learnt from the .Mac to MobileMe transition and at least notify users in advance of this maintenance.

DavieBoy

macrumors 6502
Jan 8, 2009
New Jersey
I have been having problems for a few hours now. I thought there was something I did because I accidentally clicked okay to a random website and downloaded a script file.

Quotes from the support chat -

"I understand you are experiencing an issue with your MobileMe email account. I apologize for the inconvenience this is causing and I can understand your eagerness to have this resolved. Apple has received reports of this issue and it is currently under review. The information has been forwarded to our Engineering Team."

and

"As of now there is not yet a time frame being the issue has just come up today and the engineers are currently researching it. "

The mobile me support site does currently say -

"Some MobileMe members may be unable to access MobileMe Mail. Normal service will be restored ASAP. We apologize for any inconvenience."

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.