Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

anthdci

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 8, 2009
Some background:
I am planning on buying an iPad2 next month and have started looking at what accessories I want to go with it. I am planning on taking it between home and work to use on the train. So I will be getting one standard dock to put on my bedside table to charge it overnight. I was then thinking that it would be handy to put on a stand at work next to my monitors and have my emails open on that, freeing up screen space, so I should get a dock for that with a keyboard. So I have two options, get a second dock and a bluetooth wireless keyboard or the cheaper keyboard dock. The trouble is I work mostly on a windows machine so have a keyboard and mouse on my desk for that and I also have a mac mini that I sometimes have to use, so have a keyboard and mouse for that. I could really do without a 3rd keyboard.

So I was thinking, could I get an apple BT wireless keyboard and use it for both, the iPad2 and the mac mini? Is that possible? How would I go about controlling which device I'm typing into?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.