Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Product Recommendations/Reviews

Old Mar 15, 2005, 09:15 PM   #1
kingcrowing
macrumors 6502a

G4 cube?

So i'm sure theres plenty of threads on this, but i'm looking at buying a G4 Cube, 450MHz with a 15" apple LCD for around $700, i'll be able to upgrade the ram, so thats not an issue, i'll be doing mainly surfing and stuff, some light photoshop, do people think this'll be ok, or should i get something better? i really like they style of it though :-D
kingcrowing is offline   0
Old Mar 15, 2005, 09:53 PM   #2
dsharits
macrumors 68000

Send a message via AIM to dsharits Send a message via MSN to dsharits Send a message via Yahoo to dsharits Send a message via Skype™ to dsharits
It should be fine for what you need to use it for. Maybe this would be better off in the Marketplace and Classifieds?
Old Mar 15, 2005, 09:58 PM   #3
panphage
macrumors 6502

That's what I've been using mine for. Try to get it for a tiny bit less, the cube resale price has dropped into a ravine since the mini came out.
panphage is offline   0
Old Mar 16, 2005, 12:06 AM   #4
Xeem
macrumors 6502a

I got a 450 Cube not long after it came out, and it still is being used to this day. That being said, I should mention that the modem and firewire ports went out inexplicably a while back and the hard drive is failing. I'd recommend something faster and more reliable, unless you're really into the design (admittedly, it is very cool, and upgradable too).

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Product Recommendations/Reviews