Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Product Recommendations/Reviews

Old Mar 16, 2005, 01:47 AM   #1
soapn
macrumors newbie

smaller lcd's?

I know that 20"+ screens are way way cool, but not all of us can really afford them. What are the best 19 inch and smaller screens out there?
soapn is offline   0
Old Mar 16, 2005, 02:04 AM   #2
soapn
macrumors newbie

something that bugs me about apple is why they don't have a smaller budget lcd display along the lines of what they've done with a budget desktop, the mac mini. I know that the mac mini is suppose to sway pc users who have displays and accessories already, but I truly think there is market for a cheaper apple display for someone like I, a financially struggling college student.
soapn is offline   0
Old Mar 16, 2005, 02:24 PM   #3
ftaok
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapn
something that bugs me about apple is why they don't have a smaller budget lcd display along the lines of what they've done with a budget desktop, the mac mini. I know that the mac mini is suppose to sway pc users who have displays and accessories already, but I truly think there is market for a cheaper apple display for someone like I, a financially struggling college student.
I feel that the main reason that Apple doesn't have a 15" or 17" LCD screen is because that market it too cutthroat. Go to best buy and look at the 15" LCDs that they sell. You can get them for $200. Of course, they aren't DVI and probably have lousy specs/performance. If Apple sold a 15", they'd put in stuff like DVI and use a nice panel ... that would jack up the price to, say, $450. So you tell me, what $-struggling student would pay an extra $250 for the Apple branded screen?

NOTE - I made up the numbers, but you can catch the jist of my point.
ftaok is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Product Recommendations/Reviews