Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

soapn

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 15, 2005
I know that 20"+ screens are way way cool, but not all of us can really afford them. What are the best 19 inch and smaller screens out there?

soapn

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 15, 2005
something that bugs me about apple is why they don't have a smaller budget lcd display along the lines of what they've done with a budget desktop, the mac mini. I know that the mac mini is suppose to sway pc users who have displays and accessories already, but I truly think there is market for a cheaper apple display for someone like I, a financially struggling college student.

ftaok

macrumors 603
Jan 23, 2002
East Coast
soapn said:
something that bugs me about apple is why they don't have a smaller budget lcd display along the lines of what they've done with a budget desktop, the mac mini. I know that the mac mini is suppose to sway pc users who have displays and accessories already, but I truly think there is market for a cheaper apple display for someone like I, a financially struggling college student.
I feel that the main reason that Apple doesn't have a 15" or 17" LCD screen is because that market it too cutthroat. Go to best buy and look at the 15" LCDs that they sell. You can get them for $200. Of course, they aren't DVI and probably have lousy specs/performance. If Apple sold a 15", they'd put in stuff like DVI and use a nice panel ... that would jack up the price to, say, $450. So you tell me, what $-struggling student would pay an extra $250 for the Apple branded screen?

NOTE - I made up the numbers, but you can catch the jist of my point.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.