Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old May 20, 2011, 08:42 AM   #1
StephenCPhotog
macrumors newbie

Outlook 2011 Contacts search not working

I recreated my outllook account yesterday and now the quick search for contacts is not working.

It was working prior my reload of the account which I needed to do for other reasons.

I'm talking about the "find a contact" option on the ribbon bar when in mail. If I type a contact name it returns "no contact found" yet the contact is definitely in my contact list.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

StephenC
StephenCPhotog is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2012, 09:27 AM   #2
mspurr
macrumors newbie

Outlook 2011 Contact Search

I have just experienced the same problem. Since it's been a year since your post, I hope that you have found a solution. If so, I'd appreciate it if you would share it with me.

Thanks.
marc@spurr.com
mspurr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2012, 01:10 AM   #3
dianeoforegon
macrumors 6502

Outlook search is based on Spotlight cache file. Re-index your Identity.

HOW TO RE-INDEX YOUR SPOTLIGHT CACHE FILES

From the Apple menu, choose System Preferences.

* Click Spotlight.
* Make sure Mail Messages is checked under the Search Results tab.
* Click the Privacy tab.
* Drag your drive and/or Identity to the list. Wait a couple of minutes.
* Remove the item you added.
* Spotlight will re-index the contents of the item you initially dragged to the list.

You can tell if it's still in progress by simply looking at the Spotlight menu: There's a blinking dot in the middle of the magnifying glass while indexing is occurring.

Until this process is finished, Spotlight won’t know the contents of your Identity and neither will Outlook. All lists like contacts, events, notes etc. are generated by the Spotlight searches.
dianeoforegon is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2013, 01:13 PM   #4
DSgt309
macrumors newbie

Indexing inn Spotlight

I tried doing what you suggested using the Office 2011 User Identities files to no avail. I get "The selected topic is not available". I tried again using the "Microsoft Office" under applications with the same results. Is there a specific file that contains my contacts, or another way to synchronize my contacts?

Bob
DSgt309 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store