Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

timbojill

macrumors member
Original poster
May 21, 2011
I get the following when trying to submit my third app to the app store, Application failed codesign verification. The signature was invalid, or it was not signed with an apple submission certificate". I can built the app to my phone so i shouldn't have any problems. Also I have two other apps on the apps store which I can even submit updates for.

timbojill

macrumors member
Original poster
May 21, 2011
Which certificate are you referring too ? The one to build apps on the phone or the one to built apps on my macbook ? I use xcode everyday. It should have warned me if one of them was going to expire.

timbojill

macrumors member
Original poster
May 21, 2011
My certificate did expire. So how was a able to submit an update for one of my apps and not a full binary. How do I re-enable to certificate without hurting any of the four apps I app with it ?

Shawnpk

macrumors 6502
Jan 13, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
My certificate did expire. So how was a able to submit an update for one of my apps and not a full binary. How do I re-enable to certificate without hurting any of the four apps I app with it ?

You should be able to renew it. Log into developer.apple.com, goto the provisioning portal, click on certificates, click on distribution and look for a renew (or something along the lines of renew) and click it.

Shawnpk

macrumors 6502
Jan 13, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
I was just looking for pictures of the renew button to show to you and I came across a few posts saying that once a certificate expires, you can't renew it any longer, only request a new certificate. I've never done this so I don't know the implications of doing this and what happens to apps already in the App Store. Sorry.

KSMkhonza

macrumors newbie
Sep 29, 2011
Renew expired certificate

Go to developer on apple.com duplicate the expired certificate delete the expired one then drag the duplicate to iTunes or double click on it to install once downloaded that should sort u out

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.