Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

salacious

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 15, 2011
ok so today i purchased a macbook pro from argos, the lady was putting my cardboard boxed macbook in two bags, she then looked at me and said the reciept is in bag, like the trusting fool i am i went away on the bus and got home too excited too care at my first apple purchase toyed around then about 2 hours ago i suddenly clocked on.....no reciept i looked everywhere i didnt once take a look inside my bag the contents have all been opened in one room nothing zilch nada... i believe this woman has stolen my reciept and i want to know what i can do.. im thinking of going into the store and speaking to the customer service assistant and demanding the manager come and check cctv and notify the police, i dont know what she could do with my receipt but i bloody need it does anyone know if i can demand another reciept incase they try to pull a fast one on me..?

mmduluth

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2011
ok so today i purchased a macbook pro from argos, the lady was putting my cardboard boxed macbook in two bags, she then looked at me and said the reciept is in bag, like the trusting fool i am i went away on the bus and got home too excited too care at my first apple purchase toyed around then about 2 hours ago i suddenly clocked on.....no reciept i looked everywhere i didnt once take a look inside my bag the contents have all been opened in one room nothing zilch nada... i believe this woman has stolen my reciept and i want to know what i can do.. im thinking of going into the store and speaking to the customer service assistant and demanding the manager come and check cctv and notify the police, i dont know what she could do with my receipt but i bloody need it does anyone know if i can demand another reciept incase they try to pull a fast one on me..?

I would say just go back to the store and ask politely for your receipt....

shoppy

macrumors 65816
Mar 4, 2007
Hants
Why do you not go simply revisit and ask for a copy of the receipt? It should have the machine model number, price date and perhaps the serial number. I have never brought one from Argos.

salacious

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 15, 2011
i will ask for another one however, i remember the look on her face and i know when something dodgy has just happened, im furious is it possible she could use the reciept to disable my machine and claim theft for an insurance scam?

salacious

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 15, 2011
I doubt she stole your receipt. I imagine it just fell out of the bag. Go back and get another one. Did you pay by cash or card?

i know what your thinking it musta fell out but on my life i never once took anything out and she said it was at the bottom of the bag it was doubled up i checked everything the bag was upright all the time there is no way on earth i lost it, i was walking around with a grand for an hour iv never lost anything in my life i fully believe she stole it, i paid by cash. if they try to say anything il be on cctv and there were three cashiers to witness me paying for it.

Ccrew

macrumors 68020
Feb 28, 2011
Oh, I need to sticky this one just to see how crazy it gets:D

Some serious entertainment around here, better than Fox News!

DeaconGraves

macrumors 65816
Apr 25, 2007
Dallas, TX
I'm dubbing this thread the overreaction thread of the day.

i will ask for another one however, i remember the look on her face and i know when something dodgy has just happened, im furious is it possible she could use the reciept to disable my machine and claim theft for an insurance scam?

No she could not use the receipt to disable the machine. Assuming you paid by credit card, the receipt likely has your name on it, so it'd be very difficult for her to claim that you stole the computer from her.

I'm guessing what likely happened is that she accidentally stuck the receipt in another bag or that it fell out sometime between her placing it in their and you checking.

salacious

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 15, 2011
I'm dubbing this thread the overreaction thread of the day.

No she could not use the receipt to disable the machine. Assuming you paid by credit card, the receipt likely has your name on it, so it'd be very difficult for her to claim that you stole the computer from her.

I'm guessing what likely happened is that she accidentally stuck the receipt in another bag or that it fell out sometime between her placing it in their and you checking.

i paid by cash when she packed the box she put it behind the counter so i couldnt see, what i will do tomorow is go there and see what the customer service has to say, if for some reason they deny me my receipt il head over to the police station which is opposite the store, im not being paranoid i can assure you of that i didnt even see the receipt go in the bag like an idiot only now do i realise that i wasnt paying attention, do i have any legal rights to claim another receipt as argos are notorious for trying to bump people

getz76

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2009
Hell, AL
Rather than flying off the handle, you could try calling the store and asking if they have your receipt.

DeaconGraves

macrumors 65816
Apr 25, 2007
Dallas, TX
i paid by cash when she packed the box she put it behind the counter so i couldnt see, what i will do tomorow is go there and see what the customer service has to say, if for some reason they deny me my receipt il head over to the police station which is opposite the store, im not being paranoid i can assure you of that i didnt even see the receipt go in the bag like an idiot only now do i realise that i wasnt paying attention, do i have any legal rights to claim another receipt as argos are notorious for trying to bump people

I know little to nothing about Argos, but if you knew the place was shady why are you buying expensive computer equipment from them?

For future reference, Apple offers to email you the receipt when you purchase from their retail stores.

phas3

macrumors 65816
Oct 5, 2008

did you have to give them any personal info like your name, address, phone even if you paid with cash?

I would go back bring the box with you and if they look through their transactions your purchase will appear and you can get a copy.

how old are you?

tamvly

macrumors 6502a
Nov 11, 2007
Make copy of the serial number. The take a deep breath and go back to the store with copy in hand

All will be well ...

salacious

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 15, 2011
Rather than flying off the handle, you could try calling the store and asking if they have your receipt.

stores closed now its nearly 10pm uk time, il update what happened right after i get the jabba the hut lookalike fired... im one angry customer

DeaconGraves

macrumors 65816
Apr 25, 2007
Dallas, TX
stores closed now its nearly 10pm uk time, il update what happened right after i get the jabba the hut lookalike fired... im one irrational customer

Fixed your sentence. Seriously this was probably a mistake. Calm the f down and ask for a new receipt in the morning.

getz76

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2009
Hell, AL
stores closed now its nearly 10pm uk time, il update what happened right after i get the jabba the hut lookalike fired... im one angry customer

Right. Make sure you wear your tin-foil hat, or they might try to use their mind-control device on you when you head into the store.

awer25

macrumors 65816
Apr 30, 2011
First thing's first. Go back and ask for the receipt like everyone said.

I guess theoretically she could do a return with the receipt, and since you paid cash, take that amount of cash. Of course, when the store does inventory they'll be [at least] one MBP short.

salacious

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 15, 2011
First thing's first. Go back and ask for the receipt like everyone said.

I guess theoretically she could do a return with the receipt, and since you paid cash, take that amount of cash. Of course, when the store does inventory they'll be [at least] one MBP short.

they had two in stock and i got the first one, other one hasnt been sold, what you just said is exactly what i was thinking i know people who do it with mobile phones, il be updating tomorrow and i know il be stating that she had infact pocketed my receipt..

phas3

macrumors 65816
Oct 5, 2008
they had two in stock and i got the first one, other one hasnt been sold, what you just said is exactly what i was thinking i know people who do it with mobile phones, il be updating tomorrow and i know il be stating that she had infact pocketed my receipt..

First of all you didn't see her do it, but you're going to go back there an accuse her of theft and possibly get her fired?

sorry this thread is dead.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.