Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fifi77

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 8, 2010
London
I just received the Marware MicroShell and I have to say that I think it's great. We're a bit limited for choice in the UK at the moment, but this is definitely the best case that works with the Smart Cover that I've found so far.

It looks like it's been redesigned since its original incarnation. There are no ridges on the back like the original version.

The cover is very thin and barely adds any bulk. I understand from reading a few reviews on the original version that it was quite difficult to get on and off. This problem has definitely been resolved with this version. It snaps on easily & is also easy to remove.

The cut-outs are great and don't leave too much of the aluminium back on show. The Smart Cover fits nicely and you can still remove it easily. The sleep/wake function works without a problem. All in all, it's a very good case that works well with the Smart Cover. My only criticism is that, although the black case claims to be black, it's actually a dark grey. I'd call it graphite.

Sorry the photos aren't that great, they were taken in a bit of a rush.

photo%201.JPG

photo%203.JPG

photo%202.JPG

Last edited:

calvy

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2007
I have to say I like the looks this compared to my incipio smart feather. What's the price?

fifi77

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 8, 2010
London
£19.99/$39.99. It's actually a bit cheaper in the UK than it is in the States, which is unusual.

I was waiting for the Smart Feather, but I was put off by the amount of the back exposed at the bottom & by the fact that you can't easily remove the Smart Cover once it's on.

3goldens

macrumors 68000
Feb 26, 2008
Born NYC Living in CT
Wow, that was fast!
and it is ok when you fold the front cover over to the back, no hibernation problems?

Well, at least they learn from their mistakes and correct them quickly!

I am surprised they eliminated the ridges on the back, I thought they were somewhat useful in terms of gripping and holding the ipad.

Last edited:

fifi77

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 8, 2010
London
Wow, that was fast!
and it is ok when you fold the front cover over to the back, no hibernation problems?

I am surprised they eliminated the ridges on the back, I thought they were somewhat useful in terms of gripping and holding the ipad.

No problems at all when you fold the cover back.

I'm glad they got rid of the ridges to be honest, I much prefer the smooth back.

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2009
Looks nice, but not for $40... I wonder how difficult it will be to get the new version through a third party retailer?

3goldens

macrumors 68000
Feb 26, 2008
Born NYC Living in CT
Hey, gleemobile.com
leave us a link to the product when you come and drop these great prices on us.

Takes time to do all this goggling and navigation!

We want our cases NOW!

cheers.

WhoDatWayne

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2009
Michigan
Wow, that was fast!

I like the ridges as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.