Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mikebatho

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 1, 2004
Greater Manchester UK
When an ipod is attached, and the battery icon is flashing 'charge'

Does the icon stop when the battery is fully charged? Whan I bought my ipod mini last week, i got it home & connected it for a few hours to charge, but the icon never stopped flashing. Does it just flash indefinately?

I've had it 6 days, and used it for about an hour a day, and it's nearly flat.

Is this a typical usage time for somebody switching on & off regularly, skipping tracks etc?

Norouzi

macrumors 6502
Aug 6, 2004
Philadelphia, PA
I usually charge my 20GB 4G about every other day and I run it quite a bit at work, and I'm constantly having to pause and start it. I used it all day yesterday and started playing tunes this morning and it hasen't died yet. Also, I've actually had it run for about an hour with the batery meter totally empty.
As for the meter continuing to flash, I think mine stops flashing after the battery is charged if you have it pluged directly into the wall, but I'm not sure when it's pluged into the computer. I think it does but I can't remember.

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
i believe the icon only flashes when it is charging, when your iPod is fully charged it should say Charged and the icon will be full/solid and not blinking

bellychris

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2003
New Jersey
a little off topic, but when the ipod is fully charged and you leave it plugged in, will it start charging again when the battery runs down like a laptop?

Norouzi

macrumors 6502
Aug 6, 2004
Philadelphia, PA
bellychris said:
a little off topic, but when the ipod is fully charged and you leave it plugged in, will it start charging again when the battery runs down like a laptop?

I believe it should, but have never tested that as I use my iPod daily. And incase anyone was interested, my iPod is still running after using it at work for 2 days stright without a charge. The battery meter is almost empty, but not quite.

abc123

macrumors 6502
Apr 26, 2004
the battery meter is never right either.
i've calibrated mine several times but it will always show up almost empty when i first turn it on and over the next few hours increase until it shows almost full. then as i use it more it decreases again but even once it shows empty i am still able to use it for a couple of hours.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.