Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Mar 17, 2005, 06:34 AM   #1
mikebatho
macrumors 6502a

Ipod battery times comparison & batt icon

When an ipod is attached, and the battery icon is flashing 'charge'

Does the icon stop when the battery is fully charged? Whan I bought my ipod mini last week, i got it home & connected it for a few hours to charge, but the icon never stopped flashing. Does it just flash indefinately?

I've had it 6 days, and used it for about an hour a day, and it's nearly flat.

Is this a typical usage time for somebody switching on & off regularly, skipping tracks etc?
mikebatho is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2005, 12:54 PM   #2
Norouzi
macrumors 6502

I usually charge my 20GB 4G about every other day and I run it quite a bit at work, and I'm constantly having to pause and start it. I used it all day yesterday and started playing tunes this morning and it hasen't died yet. Also, I've actually had it run for about an hour with the batery meter totally empty.
As for the meter continuing to flash, I think mine stops flashing after the battery is charged if you have it pluged directly into the wall, but I'm not sure when it's pluged into the computer. I think it does but I can't remember.
Norouzi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2005, 12:56 PM   #3
PlaceofDis
macrumors Core

i believe the icon only flashes when it is charging, when your iPod is fully charged it should say Charged and the icon will be full/solid and not blinking
Old Mar 17, 2005, 12:59 PM   #4
mikebatho
macrumors 6502a

Cool. Cheers fellas.....
mikebatho is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2005, 01:49 PM   #5
bellychris
macrumors member

a little off topic, but when the ipod is fully charged and you leave it plugged in, will it start charging again when the battery runs down like a laptop?
bellychris is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2005, 05:46 PM   #6
Norouzi
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellychris
a little off topic, but when the ipod is fully charged and you leave it plugged in, will it start charging again when the battery runs down like a laptop?
I believe it should, but have never tested that as I use my iPod daily. And incase anyone was interested, my iPod is still running after using it at work for 2 days stright without a charge. The battery meter is almost empty, but not quite.
Norouzi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2005, 06:50 PM   #7
abc123
macrumors 6502

the battery meter is never right either.
i've calibrated mine several times but it will always show up almost empty when i first turn it on and over the next few hours increase until it shows almost full. then as i use it more it decreases again but even once it shows empty i am still able to use it for a couple of hours.
abc123 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod