Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MBABuyer

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 4, 2011
VA
This summer I will be purchasing the new release of the MBA, if it comes out before high school starts on September 1st.

My school is requiring each of us to get laptops, and suggesting macs. I am going to get the 13 inch version before school starts.

My question is, what should I use to carry my MBA around? I have an older Toshiba Portege that I just put into an in-case, and slip into my backpack between books. I would rather not do this with the more expensive and thin Macbook air, for I will be using it for 2 school years.

I really don't want to put the MBA between the huge and heavy textbooks in my backpack.

Some people have started using the messenger bags for their computers that they bought ahead of time this year.

My question is, what would be the best bag for me to use for carrying it around in.

The two that I have found so far are in the links below, if any of you have the same situation as I, please post. I know there are a decent amount of students that occasionally use this forum.

http://www.booqbags.com/laptop-back.../Taipan-shadow-S-black-laptop-messenger-bag_2

http://www.booqbags.com/laptop-back...h-macbook-bags/Taipan-slim-S-black-laptop-bag

Thanks guys,
Swayne

IngerMan

macrumors 68020
Feb 21, 2011
Michigan
If price is no object and your parents are buying. I like and have the small Cozmo with matching sleeve. Also I read so much praise for the MuZetto:D But not on a high school budget:cool: Great quality and style, made in the USA. sfbags.com:D

MBABuyer

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 4, 2011
VA
Well, I am paying $1,000 for the laptop, and giving my dad my current laptop to give to one of my younger brothers or mom.

And I did check out cozmo bags earlier, and loved them. Sadly, I am not willing, and neither are my parents, willing to spend $200 on a laptop bag. And even more including the case.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

For now, I am keeping my options at $100 or lower.

Thanks,
Swayne

IngerMan

macrumors 68020
Feb 21, 2011
Michigan
Well, I am paying $1,000 for the laptop, and giving my dad my current laptop to give to one of my younger brothers or mom.

And I did check out cozmo bags earlier, and loved them. Sadly, I am not willing, and neither are my parents, willing to spend $200 on a laptop bag. And even more including the case.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

For now, I am keeping my options at $100 or lower.

Thanks,
Swayne

I like the looks of both of these bags at the apple store.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-05-24 at 8.49.52 PM.png
    Screen shot 2011-05-24 at 8.49.52 PM.png
    37.3 KB · Views: 151

jsgreen

macrumors 6502
Nov 27, 2007
NH
The bags you are considering probably won''t hold very much else (like books required for class).

I like my Timbuk2 laptop messenger (medium size). My 11" MBA is in a Brenthaven sleeve, which fits nicely in the Timbuk2 laptop compartment. The sleeve is protective enough to use on its own when you don't want to lug around the messenger.

Timbuk2 can sometimes be found on discount - I picked mine up at a Marshall's for $25. The Brenthaven sleeve was around $40 from Apple.

leftywamumonkey

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
California
I go to high school and I just use a Jansport, albeit I don't carry a laptop, but I have enough room for a 5-subject notebook and a few folders. The rest, things such as textbooks and binders, I carry in my hand. Nothing worse than an oversized backpack. I'm considering buying a North Face backpack next year to be able to carry more small items.

What about this thread to give you an idea of what brand to look for
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1045815/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.