Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vintageapple

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 29, 2010
Hey, I did some searching but I cant seem to find the going rate for a 20th anniversary mac? Can somebody please let me know the price on these? They are opened but still in the original boxes with all of the components and they work. Thanks!

KurtangleTN

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2007
Check eBay, Make sure to search "20th" and "twentieth" to see all listings.

Because it's such a rare, niche item, there probably isn't a going value.. one week an auction could go for $900, the next $600..

vintageapple

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 29, 2010
Thank you! I cant believe I did not search "twentieth"..oh well. That second must have just been added. Thanks again.

MBP13

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2011
One of them didn't come up in a search on eBay for some reason. I found it by just searching through every page of the Apple category in Vintage Computing on eBay.

KurtangleTN

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2007
You'd be surprised how a little error like that on eBay can cost you a lot.

How many of them do you have and how did you get a hold of them?

vintageapple

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 29, 2010
Ha yea I the titles do mean a lot. Thank you both for helping me with this. I still have the two I purchased when they came out, even with the employee discount I think it was a mistake :)

Alain Richard

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2012
Twentieth Anniversary Mac for sale

Hi,

For anyone who's interested: I've got a TAM for sale, hopefully I'll find the original packaging, but it's in great condition. There are two other listings on eBay. My listing is called "20th Anniversary Macintosh - Rare and beautiful."

ckeck

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2005
Texas
For anyone who's interested: I've got a TAM for sale, hopefully I'll find the original packaging, but it's in great condition. There are two other listings on eBay. My listing is called "20th Anniversary Macintosh - Rare and beautiful."

Still for sale by chance? May be interested if so...

cosmichobo

macrumors 6502a
May 4, 2006
Ha yea I the titles do mean a lot. Thank you both for helping me with this. I still have the two I purchased when they came out, even with the employee discount I think it was a mistake :)

As someone who bought in at $1999 when they were discontinued/Steve said "get rid of them!", I wouldn't see a return either... Not that I mind.

A few years back a TAM that was supposedly never before opened sold on eBay for about $5,000+... but typically under $1,000 without boxes... maybe a bit over if you've got ALL of the original boxes and bits...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.