Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Grippy

macrumors newbie
Mar 19, 2009
W meaning where? I'd like to know myself. As soon as we switched to FIOS from Time Warner Cable, TWC announced its streaming feature. :mad:

jvmxtra

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 21, 2010
W meaning where? I'd like to know myself. As soon as we switched to FIOS from Time Warner Cable, TWC announced its streaming feature. :mad:

You know, I am surprised that not many people are really jumping and complaining regarding this.

Verizon comes out all high and mighty last year before ANYBODY and announces that they will have this in consumers hand early 2011. Now EVERYONE else has this out despite legal issue and keep going for people while they are battling the legal issue.

What does Verizon decide to do? Sit back and play safe at consumer's expense even though they were the one who got all press release and media coverage for announcing it first.

I think not for nothing, Verizon AT least should come out and let us know what the hell is going on and what they are doing about it.

Come on, people, whoever has FIOS, please speak up. This is crazy crap.

ghosty87

macrumors newbie
May 16, 2011
I agree, Verizon has supposedly promised a streaming app last year according to PC magazine articles. I also emailed Verizon in regards to the Verizon mobile App that lets me use the ipad as a TV remote. I asked if they planned on releasing a streaming app and the rep replied saying they were working out rights to tv channels and what not, this was 3 months ago.... My initial email to them was a complaint that the verizon mobile app only works with 1 ipad/iphone in my house at a time. I have 2 Ipads and several iphones and set top boxes yet I can only have one working with 1 box at a time, lame sauce.

Also I believe Dish Network, Time Warner, and even Comcoast cable companies and a few other small cable providers have free streaming apps for the Ipad. You would think that since Verizon provides service for the Ipad 2 and Iphone 4 they would be first ones with the TV app....

jvmxtra

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 21, 2010
Another bump on this thread for me.
Another day goes by with all others keeping up w/ their promise amid legal battles.

Despite getting huge free press for breaking the news and promising(lying) to customers about streaming to xx device last year, Verizon continues to stay mum and not held accountable for the hope they promised to customer last year.

I am extremely disappointed and baffled at lack of pressure from any of the major website/blogs/news regarding lack of response or even a explanation from Verizon Fios.

d21mike

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2007
Torrance, CA
I agree 100% with this thread. I was on Time Warner but switched to Verizon FIOS. I kind of just assumed they had this feature since Time Warner had it. Also, I wanted the ability to stream Multiple DVR Recordings to any set top box. Time Warner can do it. FIOS will have this with software release 1.9 which is taking forever to deliver. I do not have it yet obviously.

Bottom line pretty disappoint in Verizon FIOS "TV". I like their Internet Speeds and that it the main reason I am with them for TV and Phone, but they have really over hyped their TV Service. Maybe once a leader but they are falling behind fast.

ghosty87

macrumors newbie
May 16, 2011
Using my brothers comcast account to watch Xfinity on ipad! LOL! WTH verizon

See not many have voiced their opinions with us as I initially was hoping. Still no Verizon streaming app on the Ipad. So I got creative and am using my brothers Comcast xfinity account to watch TV on my ipad anywhere there is wifi. The programming is very limited though. Netflix and HBO go are better since my bro doesn't have premium channels. I really hope Verizon has a streaming app out soon. common people shout out

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
I agree 100% with this thread. I was on Time Warner but switched to Verizon FIOS. I kind of just assumed they had ...
Wow! I won't get into the definition of assume. For future reference, subscribe to a company that actually offers the product(s) and service(s) that you want rather than the company that has only announced the service(s) and product(s). If a company announces a product/service, then that is your cue to start monitoring the company's website, newspaper ads, TV ads, or customer service telephone number. It is even your cue to upgrade equipment to get the most out of the anticipated new service/product. However, do not abandon what you have until what you want is actually available.

S1njin

macrumors 6502a
May 3, 2010
NJ
I'd like a streaming app. Save me the money from buying a SlingBox over Xmas. C'mon VZ, hook me up !!!!

jvmxtra

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 21, 2010
another bump for this thread.

WTH is Verizon FIOS doing???? Make first announcement last year and get all the credit in the world but watch everyone else surpass you. Seriously? what's going on???

S1njin

macrumors 6502a
May 3, 2010
NJ
+1.

Come on, I do NOT want to have to buy a sling box to take advantage of all my fiber optic goodness.

jvmxtra

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 21, 2010
You know what? That's another freaking thing that's driving me freaking nuts. Either Fios come up w/ what everyone else is already doing by coming up w/ tv apps OR sling box to come out w/ freaking up 2 date box so I can just make up my mind and buy one. Isn't current iteration from several years ago? Hello? Are sling box and fios sibling???

S1njin

macrumors 6502a
May 3, 2010
NJ
You know what? That's another freaking thing that's driving me freaking nuts. Either Fios come up w/ what everyone else is already doing by coming up w/ tv apps OR sling box to come out w/ freaking up 2 date box so I can just make up my mind and buy one. Isn't current iteration from several years ago? Hello? Are sling box and fios sibling???

Go ahead and buy a sling box. The way these things work, about 1 day outside of your return window FIOS will launch the app. In this way, I get what I want. :cool: :p

Buildbright

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2011
Verizon just launched a home networking system. But still no Live Streaming App except if you have an Xbox 360. I really want it because I use my Ipad as a portable TV around my house.

I just got rid of the bedroom TV because we don't ever use it. But now my Wife and I lay in bed and watch netflix on the iPad. Looking for a good mount for the bedroom. Saw a New One on kickstarter but they want $245 for it...ahh no thank you.

jvmxtra

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 21, 2010
AGAIN, where the Hell is THIS freaking app from verizon????

----------

Go ahead and buy a sling box. The way these things work, about 1 day outside of your return window FIOS will launch the app. In this way, I get what I want. :cool: :p

I am afraid that you might be right.

iamthekiller

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2010
AGAIN, where the Hell is THIS freaking app from verizon????

Enoughhhhhhhhhh with your complaining, whining, and self-entitlement! Jesus christ. Nobody ever told you this app was coming. Stop feeling like you're entitled to **** just because others have it.

d21mike

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2007
Torrance, CA
It's getting more and more comical. Even LG TVs are starting to get live fios streaming app built in...

http://www.theverge.com/2012/1/11/2...pp-for-lg-smart-tv-offers-26-live-tv-channels
I think the article is missing the point. If you are talking about 1 TV and 1 STB then yeah. But if you have 1 Living Room TV and maybe a TV Room and maybe 3 or 4 bedroom TV's and a Kitchen TV then the cost of paying "monthly" for these STB's (with some of them DVR''s) the hardware starts to cost more then the content. I would not mind paying a 1 time cost of say $99 for something like a Roku or ATV or something like that or have the STB "logic" built into the TV. They are only offering 26 channels but there is no reason they could not "technically" offer all of them and get rid of the need to have a STB. And do we all really need DVR's. Time Warner has a number of channels (not very many) where you can reply a missed show similar to a DVR. But you should be able to access any content at any time that you are paying for. Then only 1 copy of the shows is kept for everyone at the distributor. I believe this is the future.

----------

Nobody ever told you this app was coming.
Verizon said they would be bringing it out. I think the announcement was made in August 2010 and was widely reported. Just Google it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.